Fly Tying
vicrider

Never find it on my rod SWAP. ONE MORE NEEDED

BB, Flytire and Woodenlegs came in today and all I can say about this swap so far is if you are such a purist you wouldn't put these on your tippet you're going to miss a lot of nice of fish. So far there is not a fly/lure that I wouldn't count on to catch fish in certain situations. Dirty water is one that a few of these will shine but others will fool both wild and pellet fish. You'll be a lot more pleased with these flies/lures than any of you thought when you read the rules for this swap. Purists move over, we're going fishing.

Chris in LA showed up today. Some really nice crickets. Kind of funny but last year and again this year crickets have been finding a way into our house as weather cools. Years of nothing getting in and this year spider crickets, garden crickets, and even a scorpion. Well Chris's crickets are nice enough that if I left on the floor I'm sure my wife would be beating it with a fly swatter before long but they're too nice to take that chance. This is going to be a really good and usable swap if you're not a dry fly purist, and there are those. One guy on a different most anything he thinks will work but his wife only fishes dry and then only if it's tied with 100% natural product. No synthetics. Now that's a purist and he says sometimes she outfishes him, especially on small creeks for brookies and wild browns.

6 hours ago, vicrider said:

Chris in LA showed up today. Some really nice crickets.

Glad they arrived, Nick.

I actually began tying those early this spring/summer in an attempt to mimic the little black Eastern Lubber Hopper "nymphs" that were plentiful in southeast Louisiana.  The pattern continued to produce throughout the summer on clear, flowing streams and has taken everything from 2" shiners to an unexpected 18" largemouth.  Curious to hear how it works for folks in other parts of the country.

Chris

My 75 year old brain farted and somehow I thought I had till next week to mail my flies.  They are done and ready to go, I will take them to the Post Office and send them Priority Mail.  Sorry for being late.

Another arrival today. Dogfacedoc sent a large container with some dainty little cuties that I think will be another great fish taker in this mixture of flies purists will laugh at. I think I have front page updated but might have credited someone not here yet. All should be in soon.

On 9/29/2020 at 3:18 PM, vicrider said:

Another arrival today. Dogfacedoc sent a large container with some dainty little cuties that I think will be another great fish taker in this mixture of flies purists will laugh at. I think I have front page updated but might have credited someone not here yet. All should be in soon.

Good to know it arrived! I laughed at them making them. Hope somebody can use them in a powerbait hatch!

On 9/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, dogfacedoc said:

Good to know it arrived! I laughed at them making them. Hope somebody can use them in a powerbait hatch!

They do stock rainbow (rainbeaux) trout in all the ponds around here the last two weeks in December.  Your fly should be perfect for that.

Late mention. You're flies dropped in today Fishin'Bob. I'm looking at them thinking I might do something to juice mine up a bit and anxious to try it.

Have you got mine yet ??? PO said that they was delivered on 10/2/2020...

Steve-stabgnid

Sorry Steve. Yes, yours were here the next day like I said but thought I'd told you. Guess not. This has been a bad week for me getting things done with COPD acting up and slowing me down. I'm coming around after a few bad days and apologize for forgetting to update page 1 and letting you know.

Nick

13 minutes ago, vicrider said:

Sorry Steve. Yes, yours were here the next day like I said but thought I'd told you. Guess not. This has been a bad week for me getting things done with COPD acting up and slowing me down. I'm coming around after a few bad days and apologize for forgetting to update page 1 and letting you know.

Nick

No problem just need to know you never know about the Post office these days .. you know not to send anything back to me ..

Steve-stabgnid 

Okay but you're missing out a nice set of oddball flies that will catch fish for sure. Some of them might turn a so-so in to an excellent day under some conditions. Up to you but I'd be glad to use an envelope and send them to you if you want.