Fly Tying
McFlyLures

Fishing not Allowed

So, I took my son fishing with his brand new fly rod, and we got kicked out of the park. Apparently San Antonio had closed down all parks due to covid. I guess no one got the memo that parks are kinda where you go to social distance, but hey I won't pretend to know anything about how this stupid virus acts. Maybe being outdoors, far away from people is the most dangerous activity?

I am obviously not happy about this, and I feel this is overreaching. But I will say the policeman was very kind. I told him I wouldn't put him on camera (even though he said it was ok to do so) because I have respect for our police. I will say though that he was just doing his job, and was very kind about it. But the law itself of closing down all parks in my opinion is not a good one.

Too much of this sort of stuff - but I won't comment further except to say that I'm reasonably certain much of it will end - after the coming election... 

"Be a hero... take a kid fishing"

Yes Capt. Bob.  I think no matter what side of the political scale you are on, you can agree it will end after the election.  LOL.  

Should be able to find wadeable or bank access on The Guadalupe????   Can’t remember where we launched.  Check with fly shop on the road that follows the river.   We caught browns around this bridge.  We had to use tiny silvery stuff under a gray SanJuanWorm under indicator. Sorry forgot all the names 

BC8E9016-C787-4DCF-9723-BF2D23F1C92B.jpeg

6F53437F-DEB5-4ADE-B3CF-F4703EEA679D.jpeg

1CBB5668-07CC-4624-B86C-0D33CE77010D.jpeg

Denduke, my child cannot wade.  He is too young for me to feel comfortable to be in the water.  He cannot swim and some parts of the Guad are semi fast moving.  Even the non fast moving parts aren't safe for a 6yo.  

McFlylures, I read your social media post about this, and it's a darn shame this is what is happening in many places, but as you said, these officers are just doing their jobs.

Your son really looked bummed by it! 😥

Hats off to you McFly! You handled it perfectly. I know it's tough but what a great example you were to your boy. Regarding COVID19, idiocy loves company. 

3 hours ago, denduke said:

Oops missed the 6 yr old fishin buddy....

All good, but looks like you had a good time there!  Im hoping to hit up the guad soon... 

2 hours ago, niveker said:

Absolutely ridiculous.  Feel badly for the little guy.  

Its all good.  He was crying in the car, saying he was in trouble.  I kept telling him, noooooo you did nothing wrong, neither did I.  LOL.  Hard to explain it to a child.  

2 hours ago, tidewaterfly said:

McFlylures, I read your social media post about this, and it's a darn shame this is what is happening in many places, but as you said, these officers are just doing their jobs.

Your son really looked bummed by it! 😥

He was, but yes, officers are just doing their jobs.  It sucks, but I don't blame him.  He was actually very kind.  I kinda mouthed off a little to him, until I saw he was as frustrated about the law as me.  Then I just kinda chatted with him for a minute.  Very nice guy, but the law is the sucky part.  

2 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Hats off to you McFly! You handled it perfectly. I know it's tough but what a great example you were to your boy. Regarding COVID19, idiocy loves company. 

Thanks!  Yeah, I want my son to learn that we must respect Police, but also that we should stand up for ourselves as well.  It was a tough one for sure.  

7 minutes ago, McFlyLures said:

He was crying in the car, saying he was in trouble.

Yeah, that's a tough one, but you seem to have handled it well.  I would have had a hard time holding my tongue. 

I generally support the police, I have two brother's in law who are officers, but I doubt they would have done that.  

22 minutes ago, niveker said:

Yeah, that's a tough one, but you seem to have handled it well.  I would have had a hard time holding my tongue. 

I generally support the police, I have two brother's in law who are officers, but I doubt they would have done that.  

Again he is just doing his job, I held my tongue after I realized he wasn’t just being a jerk.  There were two other police cars back at where I parked.  So it seems like the city sent them out.  It wasn’t like he was just roaming around looking to harass fisherman.