Fly Tying
giaccipop

I can't find this hook anywhere

On 9/16/2020 at 8:15 AM, BHouk said:

Not sure it's a match but this is a bent shank hook.  Great prices.  http://www.wholesaleflycompany.com/item/fly-tying-hooks/bent-shank-streamer-hooks-100p/lid=48300022

9 hours ago, BHouk said:

Found another possible match, this is a Dai-Riki 700 B crayfish hook with a bent shank.  https://www.feather-craft.com/dai-riki-700-b-crayfish-hook

looks to be the same as daiichi 1730 as previously mentioned

On 9/16/2020 at 12:30 AM, giaccipop said:

I'm looking for the hook on the bottom in the photo.  It's the last one I have.  It's #6 and probably 3X.   

I'm kinda wondering if there's a reason it was the last one, specifically because the bend shown below at the yellow arrow looks a lot like an "end user" bend.  I do the same to hooks with cone nosed jewelry pliers to get similar effects when desired.  

arrowbend.jpg.ae861692ba912b54dc32f3ca4b035822.jpg

Do you have any existent ties on this hook style which can be razored to verify other hooks have such a shape?  I'm not meaning to question your authority on your own materials, but that's a strange shape for a production design.  Even if it is was an intentional design and no longer available, there's still plenty of substitutes (great suggestions already given) which are easily modified with wire pliers (cone nosed, cylindrical, etc) should you be so inclined.  Anymore, I just get as close as I can on purchased style and alter from there.  In full agreement with you on how hook shape can really make a pattern shine and refuse to be stymied by "discontinued product lines".  Bend 'em your way!

Edit to add...if you are going to DIY this shape, just look for Limerick bend and match it to the shank length and eye angle.  If you noticed, most curved shanks are straight eye and the td eye hooks are typically shorter.  Start with the closest td eye/straight shank Limerick and you got it.  

Edited by knotjoe
suggest mods on hook

Also, he lists the alternatives as:

Daiichi 1730, Dai-Riki 700-B, Gamakatsu C11-5L2H, and Kamasan B810

Good luck!

1 hour ago, knotjoe said:

that's a strange shape for a production design

I don't know, knotjoe, bent shaft hooks are not that uncommon.  

Close but the Mustad 81002BR is not limerick and apparently what the OP wants? All the others substitutes are perfect bend style hooks. He will probably have to bend a 3665A to match if he wants the limerick (as flytire suggested )

2 hours ago, niveker said:

I don't know, knotjoe, bent shaft hooks are not that uncommon.  

Indeed, I happen to be a big fan of Daiichi 1730 for craws.  However, most bent hooks are similar with the bend around mid shank.

The combination of attributes in giaccipop’s hook looks like a modification with regard to the bent part.  Could be production run, but I’ve never seen it and can’t find it.  Cool hook, though!  

Sorry about the size of the image.   This is the Wholesale Fly Company bent shank streamer hook.  The shank is bent, the hook point points to the eye of the hook.  $7.00 per 100.  I don't own stock or know anybody at the company, but I do buy their hooks. Only issue with the original question may be where the bend is on the shank.

Model23pic.thumb.jpg.a56b0d28b9ce82ae1f0548840e414c59.jpg