Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

Creek mission for grayling

Hey guys, sorry i haven't been on here in a while, been busy with school and fishing and stuff. Here's a video where I fished a small creek for grayling and lake trout. No lake trout, but plenty of grayling. I was at the Gulkana River BTW for people who want to fish there too.

Yes, I know, in one of the clips I held my rod a little to high. sorry.

Tier, your getting better and I wish you the best. You are fortunate to live in a area with such opportunity please do not take it for granted. Tight lines my friend. 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:30 PM, cphubert said:

Tier, your getting better and I wish you the best.

Agreed. Your vids are for sure getting a lot better. Nice job on adding some different angles, as well as being aware and making sure you try not to support the rod up too high. Making some big steps forward, good for you :)

And nice fish as well.

Must be great to have grayling so close.  I was told when fishing for grayling the water is so clean you can reach down and get a mouth full??????   Oops buffalo upstream.  Ha!      Thanks for sharing.    Gotta get up there!!!

Are you familiar with Talkeetna?   We had a trip worked up to fly to Anchorage and rent truck and drive up there.   Kinda fell through with this Covid stuff.   Got a duck buddy caught huge salmon on fly walking from motel room there.    Said it was small town great place to freelance.    Hopefully next summer.  

2 hours ago, denduke said:

Must be great to have grayling so close.  I was told when fishing for grayling the water is so clean you can reach down and get a mouth full??????   Oops buffalo upstream.  Ha!      Thanks for sharing.    Gotta get up there!!!

Are you familiar with Talkeetna?   We had a trip worked up to fly to Anchorage and rent truck and drive up there.   Kinda fell through with this Covid stuff.   Got a duck buddy caught huge salmon on fly walking from motel room there.    Said it was small town great place to freelance.    Hopefully next summer.  

I think Talkeetna is on the way to tok from delta. Never been the though. This video was shot over 150 miles away from home on the road to valdez. You should go to valdez in mid September at the peak of the silver run. 2 hour limits baby!

6 hours ago, TIER said:

I think Talkeetna is on the way to tok from delta. Never been the though. This video was shot over 150 miles away from home on the road to valdez. You should go to valdez in mid September at the peak of the silver run. 2 hour limits baby!

Talkeetna is a little north of Wasilla on the Parks highway, between Anchorage and Fairbanks. Nice town, good fishing, all Alaska.