Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

Why do you come to this site.

Why do you come to this fly tying forum?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My #1 reason is the same as what brought me here initially. I'm generally fascinated by fly tying -- the patterns, the history, the tools and materials, the entomology, the methods, and the personalities. This site has a ton of talented and experienced experts willing to answer questions, post their flies, and share their opinions. There is nearly as much available expertise here as in nearly any business I've been a part of or represented, and yet much more accessible.

The swaps also are really good on this site, and generally very welll run. Lots of participation, including from more than a few truly superlative tyers.

Well said Chug!  What bothers me lately these clowns come in here and ramble on in these post and never present a fly or contribute to the theme here.   May just be me with my red neck and I’m kinda new around here.....FLYTYING BOYS, PLEASE !!!!!

10 hours ago, denduke said:

What bothers me lately these clowns come in here and ramble on in these post and never present a fly or contribute to the theme here.   

well said

giphy-downsized.gif

11 hours ago, denduke said:

Well said Chug!  What bothers me lately these clowns come in here and ramble on in these post and never present a fly or contribute to the theme here.   May just be me with my red neck and I’m kinda new around here.....FLYTYING BOYS, PLEASE !!!!!

"Clown" it's written into mankind's dna and appears on everyones face from time to time in one form or another. There are no exceptions. 🙂

I heard dat.   I wonder how many days Mikey could fish up with Mark barefooted before he’d have to don his Mukluks?   Barefooted & permafrost = frostbite

At least Mikey is wearing a inflatable so they can recover a body 👍. That’s if the gators leave anything.   You modulators watch out the peanut gallery is alive and well😛

673FB015-30DE-4FFF-88FC-4E28539E99E5.png

7 hours ago, JSzymczyk said:

I mostly come here just to bust MikeChell's chops about stuff. 

Hah!  It's so heart warming to be the reason someone visits the site.  But then, CG always follows "real" military guys around.

5 hours ago, denduke said:

I heard dat.   I wonder how many days Mikey could fish up with Mark barefooted before he’d have to don his Mukluks?   Barefooted & permafrost = frostbite

At least Mikey is wearing a inflatable so they can recover a body 👍. That’s if the gators leave anything.   You modulators watch out the peanut gallery is alive and well.

There's no "barefoot" in Alaska!  The whole State sits on permafrost, doesn't it?  And yes, I had a spill out of a boat a while back.  PFD always and lanyard on if the engine's running.

1 hour ago, mikechell said:

Hah!  It's so heart warming to be the reason someone visits the site.  But then, CG always follows "real" military guys around.

And yes, I had a spill out of a boat a while back.  PFD always and lanyard on if the engine's running.

Obviously,  so we can pick your dumb asses up when you fall out of a boat!!!  😋

And we are forever grateful.  When a Navy boat goes down, you guys are the ones that give us a ride back to shore.

I come here because for 18 years no matter how much some of you guys irritate me, nor how tired of it I get, I feel I have too or else the whole thing disappears.....wait, was that out loud? 😁 Err...I meant friendship, yeah, that's it.