Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

How do you feel about this site?

How do you feel about this site?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't remember how I voted but think it might be #1. I have seen some forums where people are downright nasty in critiquing other people. I just pulled out of one for that reason. Posts carried an obvious belligerent tone.  Hated to do it as it was an informative site and forum. Got to where I was reluctant to create a thread or post a reply.

My approach is: "You might consider...." "May I suggest...?" "Another way would/could be...." This is especially important to a new person to any forum. To me, a positive critique is followed by offering to help the other person, whether fly tying, hunting, fishing, etc.

According to my profile, I've been on this site many years now,  probably was MIA a couple of times over the years.   If I post a fly,  I expect there will be a reaction,  some will love it, some hate it,  some will ask is that really a fly.   I expect that I will get criticism and suggestions.  That's what I'm looking for.   I can't recall any instance over the years where, folks were "mean" to in their criticism.  I certainly haven't taken my feathers and thread and left the site.   I'm comfortable here.  I like that.   Plus there are enough "characters" on this site to keep interesting and my little gray cells functioning.