Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Palomino Midge

You've got a great series of patterns going!  I hope you don't mind but I included a shout out to you and this series in the Beginners Section".  I figured someone new as a tier and new to this site might appreciate some spoon feeding.

Kim

Flytire, love the deep purple vibe!

A bit of a response based on another thread but I've watched all of your beginner fly videos and enjoy all of them. Perhaps you should call them quick, simple and effective videos rather than beginner series. To those of us who tie flies to fish and not for any reason associated with art or fly tying in a vacuum, these flies are exactly the flies I like to tie and fish. Als rat is one of my most effective flies. It won't garner me worldwide acclaim for my tying skills but for me, it will out produce most other flies, generally speaking. Tying for tying acclaim is meaningless to me so thanks for the great series of videos. With that said I am looking forward to the progression to intermediate.

23 hours ago, flytire said:

I hope I don’t have to pay you as a “promoter” 😀😀

Well my normal fee is 10%, but since I promoted myself as well I'll give you a family discount - ONLY 9%! :)