Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Carver

Pflueger Trion 4wt

I just bought my wife a new reel for her 4 wt and picked up a Pflueger trion, its new this year and all machined aluminum. I must say for the money I'm impressed, I personally fish Ross and Islander reels but for her this reel should last years. Its large arbour, right or left hand, click or silent. I would say if your looking to spend around $150 CAD it would be a great reel for someone. Just my opinion though.

I got one for my father and it's a really nice reel. The reason i got it was i have a redington reel that i like and is basically the same reel. Redington made the reel that i own and discontinued it and then Pflueger picked up the rights to the design and started to make it. So basically Pflueger is making an discontinued redington reel and because of where they make it and they didn't have to design it themselves they can sell a great reel for a reasonable price headbang.gif

I was thinking of buying the same reel. A friend of mine has that one and loves it. Also, it is a great price and good quality.

I have a 4 wt as well and so far it has been great. Actually have hooked up with a few larger trout and the drag has been plenty smooth. As Kodiak was saying, it is pretty much the same reel as the Redington GD except for one thing......

WOODEN HANDLE!! tongue.gif

~James

I have the 4 wt too and got a brown over 20" on it and got put in the backing 2 times on that fight with 7X tippet the drag is great!

FM

Sign in to follow this