Fly Tying
flykid

Pink Floyd "The Wall" - Stop

Since this is the Classic and Artistic forum, I will share a purely "artistic" fly for you all. A long time ago when classicflytying.com was still alive and well, a member organized a project that several tyers participated in. We chose the album "The Wall" by Pink Floyd and each person was assigned a song, or segment of the album. The film accompanying the album was also an inspiration to many tyers including me. The visuals of the film definitely helped me choose some colors and other elements. Each person tied a fly they felt represented the song they were assigned. It was supposed to end up being a cool compilation of flies and the flies that were completed were very cool, however several people never finished them as far as I can remember. I got the section "stop" which is less of a song and more of a transition segment on the album. If you're not familiar with the album, it is a concept album so plays as more of a story than a collection of individual songs. This is what I came up with for that section. I think it fit my song very well, whether or not people think it's cool as a stand along, not practical fly??? That's up to you! Thought I would share something on the opposite end of the spectrum from classic patterns. Things used to get weird on CFT.com. Again, hope you guys enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts.

1769958770_TheWallStop.thumb.JPG.63ef1fc656f885498832c1a7355816e3.JPG

I didn't participate in that particular project, but I do remember those things happening on that site.

As someone who was "in their prime" in the late 1960's...combined with a number years after those days...as well as being a big fan of Pink Floyd...well let's just say the fly makes perfect sense to me...sort of a scary thought 😎😁

Petri Heil,
George

Sorry, I have to comment ... "Stop" was all gray and blue, from the restroom scene.  "The Trial" was all the sick colors of the animation (Great part of the movie, in my opinion).  Still, interesting way to memorialize a Pink Floyd album ... tying classic flies.  😄

Thanks guys! I was definitely not around during the prime of most of these bands but grew up loving the music since it's what my dad always had playing. It was a fun project though, for sure! 

Mike, thanks for the comment! It's been a while so I can't remember what exactly the visuals looked like, I must have thought the colors fit the feeling, who knows. But, I agree, it's an interesting idea. I started a project many moons ago where I was tying a fly inspired by every Rush album. Got quite a few done but not quite all. I enjoyed the challenges though.

Hey flykid, you gotta think about a Grateful Dead fly. Very interested in what you come up with.

Edited by Al Agelwei
Complete the message