Fly Tying
flytire

October Flies From The Vise

14 hours ago, fshng2 said:

Very nice hopper Chugbug, and thanks for using & posting Aileen's Flexible Stretchable.

I have used Aileen’s Fabric Fusion but didn’t know about the Flexible Stretchable.

It's great stuff. Clear rubbery finish. Tried it after @salmobytes recommended it. 

October X-Caddis

50462164827_f2ccb651c7_c.jpg

50461298118_171a8cc81f_c.jpg

50461298008_d6aa859374_c.jpg

Found the inspiration here.

hook - Dai Riki 305 #8
thread - UTC 70 burnt orange 
shuck/underwing - Congo Hair golden stonefly
rib - brassie wire copper 
abdomen - dubbing rusty orange 
collar - aftershaft dyed orange (1 Tbs Rit Sunshine Orange/1 cup water)
wing/head - deer hair

Regards,
Scott 

Mcflylures. 😉  👍.   You got ocean front property in CO or planing a trip?   Wait you be in SanAntonio now??? Still?

On 10/11/2020 at 10:20 AM, Silver Doctor said:

toZCXhv.jpg

Whatcha using for da wings?   Tried to find a reasonably facsimile at HL with no luck today.   Gonna try to cut some outa mesh ribbon stuff.  That looks great w/o detached body!  Mark uses a similar wing too, I think.  Thanks, one of youse guys.  

24 minutes ago, denduke said:

Whatcha using for da wings?   Tried to find a reasonably facsimile at HL with no luck today.   Gonna try to cut some outa mesh ribbon stuff.  That looks great w/o detached body!  Mark uses a similar wing too, I think.  Thanks, one of youse guys.  

I do have some pre-cut wings out of some kind of material like that. I have used them some but I can't tell you what they are. There is no label. Lately I've been cutting my own out of teal flank feathers. All good stuff though. Nice fly DR.

1 hour ago, denduke said:

Mcflylures. 😉  👍.   You got ocean front property in CO or planing a trip?   Wait you be in SanAntonio now??? Still?

I do live in San Antonio yes.  It’s a 2.5 hour drive to the coast.  But I sell flies also, and these were sold to someone in Florida.  

McFly

Have you taken that lil fishing buddy to the TexasRangersBuckhornMuseum downtown yet?   They got every kinda fish or critter in this world mounted there!

0B994417-FA79-4195-8DF2-A8580E59D8B1.png