Fly Tying
vicrider

Covid be damned...We're doing Christmas Swap

On 10/9/2020 at 3:18 AM, vicrider said:

Got ya' WW. Did a little reading. Sounds like Polly was quite a guy who left a lot of friends who remember him well for his flies and his teaching tying.

I met him once at a family reunion.  My Grandmother was the second oldest of 5 boys and 5 girls - the youngest was my Aunt Jean - Polly was her husbands cousin.  And, no, I can't remeber why Polly was with them when they came to central NY from California.  I had only been tying for a couple of years and didn't find out that he was a tyer until after the fact!  AH, missed opportunities in life!

Kim

You're in Old Hat. Looking forward to doing a lot of wrapping this year. Getting bigger. Maybe Covid is making us ready for something good to come around.

Nick

RickZ or anyone else who might have sent flies recently. We are coated in ice down here in OK and driving is treacherous. Since I'm mainly homebound and wife does the PO she isn't leaving house until things melt and temps warm. May not be 'til Thursday until we gather up things at PO. Hopefully there will be a nice mess of real mail and not just all solicitations and election junk. Sure glad when election is officially over next week and TV ads go back to "best deals ever on cars and trucks". 

Today is Election Day (I know -big news!) so no mail today, mine will go out in tomorrows mail.

Kim

John, yes but remember someone will get a great surprise if you use one but doubt you'd get one in return. The boxes that come in every year vary widely from plastic boxes to Wheatley window boxes so there's no way to know what you're going to get except it will be nice as the flies will be. If you do include a classic I know just the person who'd love it.

Nick

Flies are in the mail, 2 sets of NH streamers and a little bit for the swopmiester.