Fly Tying
Pbass

Vise for Streamers?

1 hour ago, Pbass said:

Sweet! I will let my wife know that the forum has reached a decision and that I can in fact have as many vises as I want! Thats really what I thought to begin with but I don't think she really gets it. LOL  All joking aside she is wonderful and supportive of my fishing/tying/musician addictions. I might add the Barracuda next year.

The more vises the better, I always say. Better vises than vices. My wife too, it's a good thing or I'd sure miss her. 😁 Ah oh here she comes, gotta go.

@Mogup , @Sandan - You guys could tie better flys than me holding the hooks in your fingers. I did not in any way outgrow my old vise. But I am learning and this forum is sure helping me get better. Masterpieces......Not likely. Fun and growth - for sure!

52 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

The more vises the better, I always say. Better vises than vices. My wife too, it's a good thing or I'd sure miss her. 😁 Ah oh here she comes, gotta go.

LOL! Now thats funny!

2 hours ago, Pbass said:

I did not in any way outgrow my old vise. 

May never, but there's an powerful energy and inspirational element that comes along with shiny new toys.👍  

Of course you know this, your name is Pbass and you mentioned the wife tolerating "musician addictions".  New vices are a lot like new guitars, they want to be played with constantly and help us improve.  Both have a very grabby aura and you can't just walk past them in a room, you must engage them for a bit with great frequency.

Just how it is with some things.

1 hour ago, knotjoe said:

May never, but there's an powerful energy and inspirational element that comes along with shiny new toys.👍  

Of course you know this, your name is Pbass and you mentioned the wife tolerating "musician addictions".  New vices are a lot like new guitars, they want to be played with constantly and help us improve.  Both have a very grabby aura and you can't just walk past them in a room, you must engage them for a bit with great frequency.

Just how it is with some things.

All true! What kind of music do you play? 

The new vice is here! Thanks again everyone for your input. Will get to use it some tomorrow. DSC_0047.thumb.jpeg.d5113a963e1fa2f4657e64acda094f04.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Pbass said:

The new vice is here! Thanks again everyone for your input. Will get to use it some tomorrow. DSC_0047.thumb.jpeg.d5113a963e1fa2f4657e64acda094f04.jpeg

@Pbass, it's a beauty. Use it in the best of health.

7 minutes ago, Sandan said:

@Pbass, it's a beauty. Use it in the best of health.

Thanks @Sandan ! I plan to put some time on it for sure! I kept going back to look at those pictures you posted of your vise. I really dig the classic design.  Thanks for your help and for posting those pictures!  Stay well. 

@Pbass Looks awesome !  Hopefully you can now move on from the Red Jelly worm fly. 🙂

Out on the water all day today. Beautiful day.   Sz 4 Partridge Patriot   She’s small for saltwater but she’s a killer.

C6388E4C-8ECD-4A86-8762-8169761A6908.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mogup said:

@Pbass Looks awesome !  Hopefully you can now move on from the Red Jelly worm fly. 🙂

I will do my best!

1 hour ago, Mogup said:

Out on the water all day today. Beautiful day.   Sz 4 Partridge Patriot   She’s small for saltwater but she’s a killer.

C6388E4C-8ECD-4A86-8762-8169761A6908.jpeg

Nice! I hope you are having a great trip, catching lots of fish and staying safe from those sharks!

@Pbass. Thanks. I was fishing along this beach so I had to bring the stainless steel tippets along .

AD779418-2888-4A66-9EA7-529B3DF1544F.jpeg