Fly Tying
Landon P

I see why people don't like these....

Today is a sad day :*( i sat down at my bench to tie a few articulated like flies, I started and about halfway through I pulled down to hard on the thread and snapped my Rite bobbin. Won't be buying another one and will be looking for a return. Only a few months of use and In my mind I didnt do anything to misuse/mistreat it. 

20201002_184144.jpg

Get in touch with them they’ll make it right. Were you happy with it before it broke? I have the magnum size which I am very happy with when tying large streamers. 

Bummer!

Terra - $6.00. I have about 20 of them (I hate changing thread spools) after starting to buy them when they were only $2.00. Never had one break and all work just as good today as when they were taken out of the package. Just another way of doing things for you to ponder.  

I have other bobbins. I really liked this one cause I hardly ever broke thread with it. Might give something like this a try 

Screenshot_20201002-205512_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I've never had issues breaking thread with any of my glass or ceramic tipped bobbins, I have a couple plain steel ones that did I just use them for gsp now so it doesn't gunk up my nice ones.

Landon-Stonofo makes a fantastic disc drag bobbin which I can recommend.  I have a Rite Bobbin and I always reach for the Stonofo because it has much better control of the thread tension.  Just tighten the knob until it's where you like it.  I've had mine for a year now with no issues and the quality is first rate.   I don't care for the Rite because click position to adjust tension is either to light or to heavy for 6/0 on 8/0 with no in between setting.  It's also less expensive than the Rite.  Good luck!

Capture1.thumb.JPG.fc95a50e8895cff889253bb1fe24eda0.JPG

I have a LOT of bobbin holders and a couple of Rites. I have no problem with them except the time to change a spool and get it adjusted. Because I only use the couple I have for 16/0 white and black Veesus it's not a problem but only because I have a dozen others with different colors and weights on them including wire and lead. I do get irritated when the one with the O-Rings for a handle keep rolling off. Time to SA them.