Fly Tying
xterrabill

Critters Photo's (living)

Here's one I took in Rocky Mountain National Park a few years ago during the rutting season.  He was eying another bull that was checking out his harem.  Took with a Sony DSH-1 camera using zoom feature.

RMNP-Sept-07 131.jpg

This is Percy the Squirrel. He lives near one of my river carping spots and loves to eat all my corn and groundbait that falls to the ground. 

20201106_120355.thumb.jpg.69784a9fe13148548f78cf7ba604ed26.jpg

20201106_152637.thumb.jpg.dd6613f1c98ad542c2931b7a6a541b7a.jpg

Pretty hard to focus a camera when you're running backwards at 20 mph.  Great photo anyway, though. 

On 1/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, niveker said:

Pretty hard to focus a camera when you're running backwards at 20 mph.  Great photo anyway, though. 

I and the moose are not scared of each other. This was taken on a military base, he's used to people

No offense intended, TIER, as I meant that as a joke. 

4 hours ago, TIER said:

I and the moose are not scared of each other....he's used to people

He's scared of very little, I'm sure, but the most dangerous wild animals are the one's who are 'used' to people. 

Anyway, like I said,  that's a great photo, one that  99% of the people in the US will never have the opportunity to take, so keep them coming.   

You can set some cameras to auto focus. Then as you move or the object moves, it stays in focus. Hard to take photos over your shoulder while running, if you can outrun a moose.

We haven't seen Flickers in our yard for a decade or more.  Wife got some pictures of two that landed today.

Flicker 3.JPG

Flicker 2.JPG

Flicker 1.JPG

@Noahguide. Yeah, I wish. We had a much bigger one around last year, but a guy down the road took him last season. I asked my neighbor, a friend of his, to see if he can get me some hair. A few weeks later he shows up at my door with a baggie with @ 3 dozen hairs in it - LOL

Short tail weasel under my car the other day.  Truck was parked outside our garage. Believe this to be a MaMa weasel as she has been around a lot hunting and is a little less cautious around the humans that live here.

4944ECC9-F22F-4ABC-A780-C69E5DDA747B.jpeg