Fly Tying
Moshup

What would be your choices ?

7 hours ago, flytire said:

grizzly

coachman brown

you can keep the other three

That is very generous of you flytire and I would jump on it. Lol

Chug bug I really like the revised list . Maybe I should have posted to pick 3 necks that you don’t presently have . Probably get more interesting choices 

What’s kind of good about the original question is that beginners get to see what experienced tyers feel are the most important colors .

I m at the stage where I love the off the colors . They make great looking flies .

Looking at the photo's @chugbug27 posted, reminds me that I'm always surprised by the lack of good, comprehensive set of photos of their line up.  AFAIK, Feather Emporium is the only one.   

Surprised not more love for black, anyway:

Grizzly

Dun 

Black

I don't have much use for those expensive hackles these days.   I have a grizzly, cree, barred ginger and white.  #1 necks.  There's still a few good feathers on them.  I wouldn't mind having a black or olive.

Grizzly

White

Black

Red or Red Grizzly

Yellow or Yellow Grizzly

--interesting poll!

1 hour ago, niveker said:

I'm always surprised by the lack of good, comprehensive set of photos of their line up.  AFAIK, Feather Emporium is the only one. 

One nice thing about this "gift" idea is that I don't have to be the one to actually find the available item, or pay for it... or explain to my wife what I'm doing with more feathers.

Since I'd never use them all, and would be looking to make some money when selling them ... I'll go with 5 3 Cree and 2 jungle cock, thank you very much!

Coq De Leon Dark Pardo, Medium Pardo, Barred Dark Ginger, Dyed Copper Olive, Dyed  Dun.

image.jpeg.80de1176f4cafdc13856b71573cf5d67.jpeg

image.jpeg 

9image.jpeg.97572aba951f10d918565c14a03cc916.jpeg 

image.jpeg.3e82715fed9defcd5c0efa044eedcb3f.jpeg 

You dryfly guys go ahead!  All I would need is black, white, and 3 Grizzly and I’d dye them chartreuse, green and yellow for WarmWater.  I got prolly every color strung saddle packs and what necks I’ve gotten along the way.  Wish I had a nickel for every bug from the chartreuse neck.

E3C88CFF-EA92-4209-95F6-DFA72B2D555D.jpeg

One of each, in this order.

Cree

Cree

Cree

Cree

and Cree. Then I could share some with my friends. 😁

I'd have to think about it. Dun and grizzly would certainly have to be first. then, of course a Cree, cuz they are so hard to get. Then a cream because white or light flies are so important up here. And a coachman brown.

And thank you, I'll PM you my address. 😁😊

That would be a incredible offer to gift whiting necks or saddles to someone and if the offer was presented to me I would have to respectfully decline and ask that you gift to someone who could use them i have more than I want to count. I may one day be the one to do just such offer