Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Fish skin boxes

Man dd, when I saw your heading I had to think, "That's gonna smell before too long". I got that on some kind of package deal and you had done so much for the Christmas swap asking nothing in return I had to get something unique to you for you generosity. 

Nick

Got Dede who works outside sales industrial supplies buys, sells everywhere gonna get me 4 at free ship at $11ea.   Work in progress From China worries me she says does it all the time.    Really nifty box for the price!!!!!  Mines brown these are rainbow.  Got one of the others in Texas gifted for $40 no inside leaf.   I’m compacting my trout stuff.   Thanks VictoryMotorCicleRider😛

5B43156B-6BAD-413C-9299-430B8874D90B.jpeg

78CFEFD4-1904-4BA7-9332-0403CBCFC2E2.jpeg

Ya' know, I have small hands and fingers. Even so I never stack my boxes with flies unless I alternate them and stagger the rows as I go down. Filling up every slot like that just makes it too hard for me find and pick just the fly I'm looking for. I suppose part of it is because I don't keep my boxes very well organized as to type of flies but end up all mixed up. 

Only problem with big bulky the lil ones have gaps.  My problem about reorganizing my trout stuff is I had gone to waterproof boxes now changing to less bulky boxes.  Problem when I’m wading 90% chance I’m gonna tump over.  Prolly be compromise in the end.  I don’t fish dries much and they go in loose boxes to keep the hackles.  Still gonna customize a box per each trip/season/stream beforehand like ereybody else.  My original 2 box sets for Arkansas tailwaters summertime.

The abbreviated: streamers or hopper dropper over scud, sowbug or midge.

DBA282F4-3D7C-47A0-9E3C-1AE96E0258A1.jpeg

426842C9-8DDC-45EA-92D8-E3953D1C7D2C.jpeg

7F368A5D-3A51-4AD1-AC0D-28CDF53EAD76.jpeg

0ED78140-EA66-4ACB-9F99-196AA9A1F15D.jpeg

6C10CB73-ABCC-4690-8BD2-317953879A8D.png