Fly Tying
Bill_729

Fly fishing from kayak

32 minutes ago, skeet3t said:

If you decide to power your kayak or if it comes with some type of power, check state regulations. Tennessee requires any watercraft that is moved by any power-  gas, diesel, electric, it must be registered.

Note the Michigan registration on the pics of my Nucanoe -- Michigan has that same requirement. I had to register it to run a trolling motor.

That Everglades adventure sounds great.
What I don’t get is being dropped out right in the open ocean just so that you can say that you kayak fish.

To me the fun is in both. paddle out to a spot, and fish, on or off the kayak as the situation dictates.

The area that Charles Wright operates in is miles and miles of creeks, rivers and bays - filled with small and larger islands.   What he offers is a ride to places you couldn’t reach on your own, paddling (and most would have have trouble finding with a chart) and none of it offshore.. it’s all inshore with wild mangrove jungle shorelines .

I have fished out of several kayaks over the years. Currently have a Vapor 10Ft sit in for rivers and a Tarpon 160 sit on for lakes. 

On 10/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, Bill_729 said:

It sounds like it was one of those so called "life changing experiences" for him!   It could be the makings for a terrific movie!   ; )   "In the jaws of the kayak, or vice-versa..."

Hemingway beat you to it.  It's called The Old Man and the Sea.  Spencer Tracy starred in the best cinematic version...