Fly Tying
appalachian angler (tn.)

earning a living

How do you bring home the Bacon?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of cross-section of jobs that we as a group with a common passion for fly fishing, have. We would all rather be wetting a line or tying a fly, but what brings home the bacon for you? I don't wish to start a class-warfare, so no salary figures please! Just curious what we all do in our "on" time tongue.gif

I myself am an Assistant Unit Operator at a power generating facility...I keep your fly tying lamps lit! How 'bout you?

A.A.

Well as many of ya know I'm still out of work right now dry.gif

But I'm a welder/fabricator by trade and have been for the past 12 years or there abouts. Although for the past 2 months I have been making a living by doing airbrush work for people so I may keep the airbrush work as a side income even after I get back to a welding job cool.gif

SD

Student here. Currently a sophomore working on a Journalism major. Not sure what I am going to do with it, but it should be interesting, and it was way more interesting than getting an English degree and becoming a teacher, though that is just MO! smile.gif

And on the weekends and breaks I've been known to pretend to be an employee at a local sporting goods store. smile.gif

I work for a Georgia Pacific particleboard plant driving a forklift. We're union and I'm also the shift steward and our local's educator. We're a fairly decent sized plant and I am an instructor for our plant medical first responders, a member of our plants fire brigade, and a member of our confined space rescue team.

'I started college for electrical engineering but got bit by the party bug and dropped out. I never had the heart for it anyway, I always wanted to be a Class A millwright like my dad, (that was if my dream of becoming a rock star didn't happen), but he always told me to be an electrician cause they don't have to work that hard.

I work for an Architect as a project manager/draftsmen for residential construction for a full time job.

I teach, guide, and instruct Fly Fishing & Fly Tying in my spare time along with being a board member for the Brandywine Trout & Conservation Club.

~Chip

Presently I am ridin the pogy wagon, but when the constuction picks back up Ill be back in the quarry operating rock crushers and various other pieces of heavy equipment.