Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Upstate

Hello from NY

Ive been fly fishing and tying since the mid 90’s when I was in college in North Carolina. I cut my teeth out in the NC mountains and miss that area. Originally from upstate NY,  living back there now and teaching school.  Life long addiction to fishing. looking to up my game tying and found this site and it looked like a great place. 2 young sons are keeping me home more so I found myself at the vise more and wanting to improve my skills. I love throwing flies at anything that will eat them.  Thanks John 

Welcome to the site, John.

There's plenty of inspiration and assistance on display here.  You've got several months of Winter to tie up a few boxes full of flies.  Looking forward to some pictures of yours.

John, welcome from Connecticut. Not sure if this site will help you beat your addiction but at least you'll have the support of other fishing addicts. 

Welcome from a fellow fly tyer/fisherman and born and bred in CNY!  Grew up in Cortland, deep family roots in Homer (worked on many of my Grandfathers clambakes in that area when I was younger)  and now live a stone throws and a half from the Great New York State Fairgrounds in Camillus.

Maybe we can (or have) crossed paths.

Kim

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this