Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Caddis for Christmas VIII

I need your address.  I tied some Lake sedge flies based loosely on Brian Chan's pattern.  I also tied some October Caddis wet flies.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:15 AM, fishingbobnelson said:

WWKimba's flies arrived yesterday.  great looking emergers.

Mine ALWAYS look fine - when I'm NOT wearing my glasses! :)

Thanks for running the swap Bob.

Kim

1 hour ago, Johnw1986 said:

Flies are done, need address

Tried to send you a PM with address, your mailbox must be full.

Address is:

Bob Nelson

4233 Hedge Ave.

Sacramento, CA  95826-6517

Bob, I meant to include a note and spaced it out. I had nothing but trouble trying to tie LaFontaine's pupa. Finally gave up and tried a couple of others I wasn't happy with. Finally, since I've known to push the boundaries on many swaps I did so on this one and know that no one is going to match my offerings. Just wanted to tell you the two flies on thick foam are tied with brass wire for extra weight and not lead. Just in case you use them in CA you won't go to jail if warden cuts it down to check. The tie is a legitimate one I found on the net in a video and went through a couple of different methods until I found the right material to use for caddis case.

Vicrider, I know what you mean, I love LaFontaine's flies, but have a terrible time trying to tie them.  I can never get them to look like the photos.  I am sure the flies you send will catch fish.  Thanks for joining.

I went to a postal Annex type of place and had them mail my flies.  They came back to me last night for insufficient postage.  I am very frustrated.  Will mail them overnight from the post office tomorrow.