Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

Weekend goals??

What are you weekend goals? mine's tying five dry flies, five nymphs, and five eggs. I might get to work  on a swimbait lure because I am going to Texas in December. How about you?

Maybe you should retitle to Sunday goals. I'm going to spool a new reel, organize some tackle, glue up a wood project and then settle in for some football the rest of the day, 

Just getting home winterize the trailer or at least clean and blow down the water lines. Finally time to sit at the bench and not a limited travel box to start tying. 

Trap mole in backyard (got 'em), mow, and lay-out extended wildflower garden space for next season.  

Flytying?  Core some foam with new drill bits I made, perhaps give them a sharpening touch-up on cutting edge.  Get around to building new dubbing brush board with some trim pieces I have.  They've nice countours/grooves for small fibers as well as large flats for long fibers, I think it'll be just the ticket.

Might fish today depending on how much I get done in the earlier part of the day.  

church at 8,breakfast with wife at9 30.take tackle out of boat and put in van, meet4 guys to fish some private ponds at 11.wife is going to a stampin up party so i have no time limit to fish.

light winds forecast and no rain till after dark. possible snow  monday am

Was planning on finishing a couple rods this weekend but as usual usps sucks and the cork that was a supposed to be here Friday still is out there in limbo somewhere. So just working on the latest Rc truck build, cleaning the shop, and might get out and do some fall clean up yard work if it warms up a bit more (only 42f here at the moment).

I don't set "goals" for weekends.  I have to deal with "goals" at work way too much.  "Goals" is a "Wash-Your-Mouth-Out-With-Soap" word in my house!  I try to get the mowing done as soon as I can ... Friday after work, if possible.  That frees up the rest of the weekend so I can do whatever strikes my interest at the moment.

This weekend:

1. I got the yard done Friday!  Got the laundry done Friday, too!  Yea!
  2. I finished my third wand. 
  3. Rigged up a sharpening system for lathe tools.
  4. Started working on a display stand for one of the wands.  <Don't tell Steve, but I'm sending it to him for his theater room!>
  5. Got too much of my current novel read.  I'll be needing to buy some more reading material sooner than I expected, at this rate.

I'm finishing up the weekend sitting on my tuchus  messing with the laptop.

Got most of my stuff done, most of the way through heat treating a couple blades in 1095, they're quenched and have one temper cycle then pg&e turned off my power. I got holes drilled in the last of the stainless steel bladesI had steel to make before I ship them out. I got an order for 6 additional steak knives so I'm waiting on that steel to come in before I can send it all out for heat treat.

Got my new to me generator fired up and built a new deadmans cable to plug in into my house via the 220v outlet in the garage. Got fuel for said generator.

Managed to play some disc golf with a few friends yesterday morning which was nice a much needed break from normal life.

Friday isn't a weekend but I spent 8 hours at my in laws harvesting pecan wood for the smoker after our ice storm this week. This pic is just part of it, he has 12 mature trees that got hit hard. My father in law has a CAT with a grappler that we used to haul it off to a brush pile to turn it into mulch. I get to do the same thing today at my parents house.

20201028_101422.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

I think i will get ready for trapping season

Today is opening day.