Fly Tying

I was just reading about another forum member's dealing with pretty bad carpal tunnel syndrome and how the effect it is having on tying flies. My arthritis in a couple of the fingers in my left hand have been slowing down my tying of late...but I thought I'd post something from the past to keep things rolling here.

This is a "Yellow Eagle" I did not long ago and one of those flies that interested me and which...of course...required subs for the eagle hackle.

Feel free to comment folks!!

DSC_0014 (4).jpg

Very nice.

As a guy that has worked with his hands his whole life, Arthritis is one of the things I fear the most. Best wishes to you on that.

Like you Mark I worked with my hands my entire working life...I am a retired sheet metal worker. The arthritis is rather insignificant at the moment, but just enough to get my attention. I will be spending plenty of time over the vise this winter...so no worries there. Right now I am helping my wife with her recovery for double knee replacement and that is priority #1. The fly tying bench, tools, materials, etc. will be there when she is up and running again.

Thank you all again folks. This was a fun tie because it was something different for me.