Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Pre rig stowe

Any of you DIYers have a way to stow prerigged multi flies?   I got these RigRaps that work oK but bulky.   There’s no memory wrapped on the oval.  Saw this box with foam leaf by TandemFly.  Wonder if anyone does this or has come up with something?   Two flies ain’t bad but three.   I watched Texas guide tie squirmy worm and 2 dropper midge, soft hackle with green split shot.  Do it in matter of minutes using Davy knots from hook bends to eyes.  I just new they would brake easily but nada. Sitting in drift boat helps.   Waist deep in good flow not so easy. 

660A7856-3824-4871-AF56-CC5AF0BC1245.jpeg

https://www.rigrap.com/product-page/special-value-pack-offer

17B362E3-5F84-4D23-A32C-61B69BDBEA04.jpeg

i would grab a foam  pool noodle . walleye spinner rigs were used with it .   wrap the rigs  around it .   then  put the foot long noodle in ZIP BAGGIE OR shoe box type container .  for wading use a small chunk with 3 pre  done rigs in a small baggie  then use extra foam for tying  flies

1 hour ago, richmce said:

i would grab a foam  pool noodle . walleye spinner rigs were used with it .   wrap the rigs  around it .   then  put the foot long noodle in ZIP BAGGIE OR shoe box type container .  for wading use a small chunk with 3 pre  done rigs in a small baggie  then use extra foam for tying  flies

Good idea thanks

I rigged up something similar to the dropper rig box just by cutting a rectangle of 6 mm foam, putting slits and the top and bottom about an inch apart.

7 hours ago, denduke said:

Good idea thanks

@denduke, I bought a 6' length of 2" diameter pipe insulation. Cut disks about an 1" -1 1/2" thick. Wrap your pretied rigs on those.  This looks like it;

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King-0-5-in-x-6-ft-Foam-Plumbing-Tubular-Pipe-Insulation/3424620

The round ideas wouldn’t create memory like the flat could.  The flat is less bulky in a vest and could go in a box though....  gotta try these out.  thanks for the ideas, youse guys😉 

Check into walleye rigs. There are a lot of them out there for spinner rigs. I have a couple and work great for pretied rigs or double fly rigs ready to tie to tippet ring.