Fly Tying
TIER

2020/21 trapping and hunting

1 hour ago, Mark Knapp said:

Real good, I will post pictures here later, when I get them uploaded.

that's good! I just set a trap today. hopefully in a few days there will be a marten

oh god yeah!

Nice bucks!

Also nice moose!

I need to shoot one of those suckers.

all politics aside, me and my friend are planning a hunt for deer soon, and i am really exited!!!!

On 11/1/2020 at 1:52 PM, TIER said:

how do you get the human scent off of the plastic bottle?

Before I go out in the field for a hunt I liberally spray this stuff all over me and my clothes. Might work on a plastic bottle. Scent killer

I'll play here's the cow elk I got Sunday Nov. 1 2020, 15 minutes before both the end of legal shooting hours and the end of the season. And dinner too.

PHOTO_20201102_074718.jpg

1604415578911.jpg

PHOTO_20201103_202724.jpg

PHOTO_20201103_184239.jpg

On 11/3/2020 at 5:09 PM, Mark Knapp said:

Here you go.

Marks%20Moose.jpg

I love me some moose meat. Here in CO. it's a once in a lifetime hunt if you get  a tag from the draw. A buddy got nice bull years back in UT.  If I remember correctly is was 1300lbs or so dressed w/ skin on. 

21 hours ago, Sandan said:

I love me some moose meat. Here in CO. it's a once in a lifetime hunt if you get  a tag from the draw. A buddy got nice bull years back in UT.  If I remember correctly is was 1300lbs or so dressed w/ skin on. 

Yep, they are big. We get one a year. Nice looking dinner there. Hard to beat tenderloin.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:09 PM, Mark Knapp said:

You're lucky to get a tag/year for moose. Thanks, you know it's tough to beat tenderloin. Cast iron skillet a touch of olive oil and mmmmmmmm good

I didn't get anything first check. I set the trap right next to it's den. It didn't even touch it. What did i do wrong? Do i need lure?

1 hour ago, TIER said:

I didn't get anything first check. I set the trap right next to it's den. It didn't even touch it. What did i do wrong? Do i need lure?

What did you use for bait? A grouse wing pinned into the back would be good. Yes, lure is very helpful, anything with some beaver castor in it. How can you tell it's a marten den? Can you post a picture of the den, and some clear pictures of some of the tracks leading to the den? I assume we're talking about the bottle snare you made for marten.

yes we are talking about to bottle set. a am using some REALLY stinky halibut bait. I can tell it is a marten den because I see lots of marten tracks going into it. I will try to post pictures in a bit