Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer Swap #3 - Wet Flies/Soft Hackles - Registration now closed

I am in with a size 16 soft hackle -  three color ice dub blend body with March Brown brahma hen hackle.  Thanks for including me.

7 hours ago, dflanagan said:

I’d like to join in with a dark knight flymph. 

You are in the swap with your "Batman" flymph!

Kim

jv and gpn you are both in the swap.

I have split this swap into 2 tiers of swappers - each group swapping only with-in it's group (i.e. - you still have NO MORE than a 10 fly commitment to the swap.

jv - I put you down for the Partridge and Peacock - feel free to let me know if you wish to switch patterns - this is a swap sign-up NOT a contract! :) 

Kim

TO ALL IN THIS SWAP - We are again a 2 tier swap - giving a total of TWO groups (tiers) of swappers.  You still need to tie no more than 10 flies for the swap - each tier will swap with-in it's own group of swappers.

If I put you in a group/tier and you feel better suited to the other tier please just let me know and I can switch you.  I know some may just be newer to tying so the Beginner tier is a better fit.  I also recognize that you may be an Intermediate tyer BUT in THIS style of fly you may not be as comfortable and would like to sign-up in Tier #1.  Again I'm happy to make the move.  Just PM me to let me know.

Kim

On 11/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, Swmalone said:

So I’m looking at either a red butt peacock soft hackle or a red tag wet fly. 

If your looking for suggestions on which one, I'd selfishly suggest the red butt.  

If you weren't looking for suggestions, just ignore me. 

2 hours ago, niveker said:

If your looking for suggestions on which one, I'd selfishly suggest the red butt.  

If you weren't looking for suggestions, just ignore me. 

I'm probably going to tie both and send the least horrible of the two out as part of the swap.

1 hour ago, Swmalone said:

I'm probably going to tie both and send the least horrible of the two out as part of the swap.

Sounds like a plan - remember the scout motto "Do your best".  And this is coming from an old scout.

DSC_0652.thumb.JPG.ee3ff9da4459ee15efb5313f71f9092b.JPG

I hate to say it BUT this is an old picture of me!  I have since lost the beard (and 130 pounds).  It's remarkable how heavy that beard was with all that silver in it! :) 

BTW, I did this demo using a wooden clothes pin tying vise!  My back-up/floor demo model is in the foreground. Thanks to my buddy from the southern tier - Ed Engleman for the design.  Oh, and if you like to be the center of attention...