Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer Swap #3 - Wet Flies/Soft Hackles - Registration now closed

5 hours ago, niveker said:

Flies hit the road today, see PM for tracking #

Got it and thanks.

7 hours ago, gpnfishWW said:

Kim,

Mine are in the mail (as of yesterday).  I tied a Olive soft hackle.

Looking forward to seeing them!

10 hours ago, Chris_in_Louisiana said:

Running a little late on this, but finally dropped mine in the mail as of this morning.  Shipped priority, so you should see them no later than next Tuesday.

Chris

Thanks Chris and, as always, I look forward to seeing your contribution to this swap!  BTW, next time save your money and just send them 1st class - the pony may get tired but I do get them!

Kim

niveker, I got your flies in the mail today.  All I can say is that Mark would've loved them!

Kim

Thanks Kim, I tie them in more of a pale watery  than cream color, and with a darker head than his original recipe calls for, as they seem to more closely resemble the majority I see in my local waters. I'm glad to hear I could do justice to them. 

On 1/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, niveker said:

Thanks Kim, I tie them in more of a pale watery  than cream color, and with a darker head than his original recipe calls for, as they seem to more closely resemble the majority I see in my local waters. I'm glad to hear I could do justice to them. 

I always attribute this to a tyers style/perogative.  And, maybe sometimes, a substitution to materials on hand!

Kim

I got  flies in the mail from haziz and Chris_in_Louisiana in yesterday's mail (late) and they look great as well.  Shaping up to be  a very nice swap.

Kim

I got Shmang's flies in the mail today.  Two more to go so I can send them out and close out this swap.

Kim

We have one set of flies outstanding and I am trying to contact that tyer.  We have also had a last minute drop from this swap.  If any of you would like your extra flies back please let me know otherwise I'll put them in the donation box - I send all extras (not my fly but any above that - I still love giving the fish a vote!) when a donation is asked for to support a 501(c)3 organization's fly fishing support programs (i.e. - Casting for Recovery, Project 25, Project Healing Waters, etc...).  Requests for donations will come up on this and other sites I'm a member of to help support these fine organizations and I normally try to do a minimum of a matching number of my own ties when I send out these donations.

Kim

Unfortunately, we have had a second last minute drop from this swap.  Therefore I am sending the flies out in the mail and will have your tracking numbers PM'd by no later that 2/9.  I thank all of you for your patience.

Kim