Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer Swap #3 - Wet Flies/Soft Hackles - Registration now closed

Some nice looking flies!  Hoping mine arrive soon.  At last check, it had departed upstate NY, but is listed as "arriving late."  Guess we'll see if USPS thaws out by end of the week.

Chris

2 hours ago, Chris_in_Louisiana said:

Some nice looking flies!  Hoping mine arrive soon.  At last check, it had departed upstate NY, but is listed as "arriving late."  Guess we'll see if USPS thaws out by end of the week.

Chris

Sometimes us northerners have to thaw our ponies!

Kim

Finally received my flies at the beginning of March.  Really nice set of ties.

I brought them with me while targeting panfish at a little roadside spot I've been frequenting lately.  Ended up tying on Kim's baby leech after striking out with my go-to patterns.  I never swapped flies again as I proceeded to catch a string of Warmouth, Redear sunfish, Red-spotted sunfish and largemouth bass for the next hour.  Next time I'll start with one of the others and see how they fare.

edit:  Reviewing my pictures, there's actually a small bluegill in the mix as well.

5 hours ago, Chris_in_Louisiana said:

Finally received my flies at the beginning of March.  Really nice set of ties.

I brought them with me while targeting panfish at a little roadside spot I've been frequenting lately.  Ended up tying on Kim's baby leech after striking out with my go-to patterns.  I never swapped flies again as I proceeded to catch a string of Warmouth, Redear sunfish, Red-spotted sunfish and largemouth bass for the next hour.  Next time I'll start with one of the others and see how they fare.

edit:  Reviewing my pictures, there's actually a small bluegill in the mix as well.

OBVIOUSLY, the fish need glasses down south!  Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Kim

1 hour ago, niveker said:

I don't see any pictures  

Here you go!  The Warmouth, Redspotted Sunfish and Redear Sunfish were all firsts for the year bringing me to 11 total species since January 1.  It has given me a solid lead in the local club's Mixed Bag CPR tournament, but I'm quickly running out of common species to target close to home.

bluegill.jpg

largemouth.jpg

redspot.jpg

warmouth.jpg

redear-1.jpg

Very nice, I love those little scappers, almost time for me to hit the little lake down the road.  

Nice fish!  Is there a little cataracts in that second one?? :)  Must have been a talented fisherman to catch fish on THAT fly!  I can say that because I know the tyer! :) 

Kim