Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bob LeMay

Thankgiving in the Everglades, 26 November

Had two fly rods with me (an 8 and a 10wt) but got caught up exploring and covering ground for guiding purposes.  That day I did a round trip of seventy miles on the trip log of my GPS... Knowing where I can put anglers on fish is everything as a guide... and the interior of the 'glades is a big, big place.  The area I operate in when running out of Flamingo is 20 miles east to west and forty miles north to south (and that's just to the west coast from the ramp... ).

On 12/1/2020 at 8:17 AM, Capt Bob LeMay said:

Had two fly rods with me (an 8 and a 10wt) but got caught up exploring and covering ground for guiding purposes.  That day I did a round trip of seventy miles on the trip log of my GPS... Knowing where I can put anglers on fish is everything as a guide... and the interior of the 'glades is a big, big place.  The area I operate in when running out of Flamingo is 20 miles east to west and forty miles north to south (and that's just to the west coast from the ramp... ).

Keep these ENP posts coming-- it'll help get me through the winter until we move to south FL in June. I run trips out of Flamingo with Capt. Mark Giacobba. There's just nothing like the 'Glades. Probably my favorite place on earth, and I've only been there three times (but many more to come!).