Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

And on the Christmas Swap...

i got mine yesterday

i thank those who supplied extras (didnt know it was part of the swap)

nice looking set of flies tied by.......

Got my package today and it is under the tree until the 25th.  Nice job getting things to arrive early Swap Santa!!

On 12/14/2020 at 10:02 AM, vicrider said:

You know CCW, in going through names and addresses I actually thought about you and wondered why you weren't on Santa's list this year.

Vicente, all I can say is that you're going to MORE than pleasantry surprised when you open your gift. Just to let you know so it bugs you even more to just see it sitting there waiting for you.

Richmc, I'm assuming you got one of the bonus gifts. Keep your hands off them for another couple weeks.

The Secret Santa Swap is always on my radar but with everything going on, it simply slipped my mind until recently.

However I did purchase a new drift boat this year, which got us on the water more Both my wife and I put all the goodies to good use.

Will keep an eye out for the next swap.

CCW

Dang CCW, I saw that driftboat post and thought, man I can fish out of one of those even if I can't wade anymore. Then I had to check your 20 and it's on the wrong side of the mountains for me. I have a daughter in Oregon and she loves it. She's been having a tough time with part time work at best and I've been helping her quite a big but when I suggested I just send her gas money to come home she said she'll keep selling her plasma rather than come back to OK. Since she's a hiker and outdoors person I guess she likes it out there.

Your wife was in the swap a couple of years ago, right? You're lucky to have a mate that fishes with you. Mine tried to early but I admit I get much too serious about my fishing and ruined it with her. Now she likes to but just enjoys the outdoors and reads or take a few pictures. Still great she at least goes with a lot.

22 hours ago, vicrider said:

Dang CCW, I saw that driftboat post and thought, man I can fish out of one of those even if I can't wade anymore. Then I had to check your 20 and it's on the wrong side of the mountains for me. I have a daughter in Oregon and she loves it. She's been having a tough time with part time work at best and I've been helping her quite a big but when I suggested I just send her gas money to come home she said she'll keep selling her plasma rather than come back to OK. Since she's a hiker and outdoors person I guess she likes it out there.

Your wife was in the swap a couple of years ago, right? You're lucky to have a mate that fishes with you. Mine tried to early but I admit I get much too serious about my fishing and ruined it with her. Now she likes to but just enjoys the outdoors and reads or take a few pictures. Still great she at least goes with a lot.

Yes indeed. Oregon is a beautiful place. We vacation down there occasionally, lots to do if you enjoy the outdoors.

My wife does go along and likes to fish. I don't know if I would call it her passion, or if she even loves it. She enjoys going out, and even tying flies occasionally, but really loves catching fish. So if fishing is slow she looses interest. With that being said here favorite is panfish and stocker trout lol.

Well if you ever decide to get out here you always got a seat in my boat.

CCW

Thanks to Stabgnig Bob for some beautiful Steelhead flies! And, of course, thanks again to Nick for another outstanding swap!

Happy holidays all.

Don
Bacchus_2 (on the Classic Fly Rod forum)

03BC35D8-E8FE-4FC6-A855-F389896BB37F.jpeg

Don, I just responded to you on other board. "Don, I had to look up your gift. Stabgnid (dingbats) is actually Steve and Bob is Fishing Bob Nelson. Steve had extras and to add to your gift for the beautiful box you sent I combined some of Steve's with the great flies from Bob and nice box. I'll relay your thanks on the FTF board".

Nice to see you on this board and hope you'll check into the swaps we have here too. Your flies are quality and your participation would be greatly appreciated on here. After the New Year there should be a few swaps starting up and I have one mind myself after I recover from this one.

NOTE to Flytier...Everyone should have gotten a little mixed shot of extras in their package and you did not have to contribute. It was a mixed batch of things I'd talked some other vendors into donating for the swap last year and this year. The dubbing dispenser in your package was a gift from one of the swappers and since I know you do things like mixing your own dubbings I thought you could make use of it.

My bad, Nick. Many thanks for all the flies gentlemen, they’re beautiful.

I’ll keep my eye out for your swaps, Nick, but don’t hesitate to reach out via PM if I happen to overlook one and you need tyers.

Stay well,

Don

1 hour ago, vicente said:

Bacchus thank you for the beautiful flys and box.

Happy to be part of the swap and merry Christmas. Your knife for the swap is a thing of beauty! Hope you do some trout fishing in addition to bass!

Stay well all,

Don

5 hours ago, Bacchus_2 said:

Happy to be part of the swap and merry Christmas. Your knife for the swap is a thing of beauty! Hope you do some trout fishing in addition to bass!

Stay well all,

Don

Yes I do, not as often as bass is what's most easily available in my area but I do some trout coding as well.

Opened mine and WOW what a haul for me. Great flies and the extra flies and materials are appreciated. What a great swap.