Fly Tying
DarrellP

Fly tying Christmas gifts you received

I thought it would be fun to list any fly tying Christmas gifts you received.

I received a new float tube and accessories from my wonderful wife.  I have heard a rumor that my kids went together on a Wheatley fly box with clips for my Steelhead/Salmon flies. 

Half of our presents are still on an Amazon or UPS truck, since we followed the advice not to travel or get together, this year.  The only kid we celebrated with is one who we are pretty much together with all of the time.

I received two gift certificates to my local fly shop from my sister, one for my birthday and one for Christmas.  I know I need to replace the floating line on my 8 wgt, but there should be enough left over for some fly tying material.

The only fly-related stuff was the wonderful salty's that Mikemac1 sent through the "COVID be Damned Swap".  But I did get to spend time with my Mom and Aunt (lost my Dad to cancer 2 years ago) and got to make more memories with them.  And theses memories/stories told later on will beat ANY fish story I could ever come up with!

Kim

Wife and I don't any wants, and definitely no "needs" that aren't already filled.  So we don't buy anything for Christmas.  We're not religious, either, so there's no other meaning to the day or season.  Just another day off from work.

Mikey, my bass/exotics guy In DelRayBeach says real nippy down there last couple of days.  You got iguanas falling outa trees where you live and did you have to brake out the mukluks.?...😛

BTW,   What happened to MarkKnapp.  He didn’t fall thru the ice or sumthin????

56BB9791-13AA-4D94-8F3B-5A920A36AE55.jpeg

I know this isn't fly tying stuff... YET.

Oldest daughter and husband had a custom duck call made out of Myrtle wood and African Blackwood. Next fall it will make some fly tying stuff!

thumbnail-63.thumb.jpeg.37444e9c5b02980f224e9c5ef2a58fb1.jpeg

1 hour ago, essequamvideri said:

I know this isn't fly tying stuff... YET.

Nice!! Looking at the big picture.  

Yes, denduke ... it's been cold.  I had to go out and do some yardening (gardening and yardwork).  The only tree in the yard that drops it's leaves each Fall is the cypress ... and I've raked those leaves twice this week.  Cold and windy.  Couple of layers of clothes and gloves to spend more than a few minutes outside.  I expected penguins, but they never showed up.  But, we're just a little too far north for the tropical invasives.  No iguana, pythons or Peacock Bass up here.

That lump o' coal would've been welcomed, if I had a place to burn it!

Nice looking duck call, Esse.  One of the many things I hope to start turning once the shop is done.  Did they make that for you?  Or did you make that for them?  Or did someone else make that?  The way you wrote your message, I am unclear on that.

Oh, and Mark Knapp had some serious backlog of work to do, then went fishing.  He should be back soon.

33 minutes ago, mikechell said:

Mark Knapp had some serious backlog of work to do, then went fishing. 

Glad to hear it's nothing more serious than alot of work and delayed fishing, if we all could be so lucky!.  

Mikechell, 

They had it made for me. It sounds fantastic. Has a really soft, quite side and I have not been able to blow too hard on it. I'm really impressed. I asked them to introduce me to this person. Maybe I too can turn a call or two.

Michael

I've already experimented with the UV resin kit I got yesterday, as well as a bunch of other materials and tools.  Save for a couple items, almost all of my gifts were fly-fishing related!  My sister started to groan every time I opened another tying gift 😂