Fly Tying
DarrellP

Fly tying Christmas gifts you received

only fishing gift besides the christmas swap flies was a squirrel tail i clipped off the dead animal after he bit into my outside lights.but i did give away a bag of multi colored mop nubs.gave my grandson a gift card and we will make the hour trip to bass pro for a  better fly reel.  i dont want my wife or kids buying me stuff as they will buy material that looks pretty.

37 minutes ago, richmce said:

i dont want my wife or kids buying me stuff as they will buy material that looks pretty.

Ain't that the truth! I hear I'm the hardest person to Christmas shop for. Probably because I don't spoon feed them the gifts I would like and I don't accept gift cards. I leave it all up to them. This year I got a drone, a welding helmet and  a Penn Slammer.  Thankfully nothing fly tying. I keep telling them a pair of wool socks would thrill me. 

11 hours ago, DarrellP said:

Hey Mike.  You don't do Christmas because Santa has barred you from the 'nice' list for life.

And you wouldn't believe the crap I had to do to get put on that "banned for life" list.

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

... and I don't accept gift cards. I leave it all up to them. 

Back when we DID exchange gifts ... a gift card was exactly what I'd ask for.  People buying me stuff always seems to go wrong.  cheaper versions of what I'd really like was the most common situation.  Wrong color or type of item, like a spinning reel when what I needed was a fly reel.

With a card, I could go get what I wanted, rather than what they thought I wanted.

It's not specifically fly tying related, but my oldest son has offered to pay for the construction to finish the room over my garage, which will be my fly tying room. Most of the framing was already done, so just needs electric, insulation, and sheet rock. plus a couple of doors framed and hung. I'll do the painting. 

I'm really looking forward to having a dedicated tying room again! 😊

31 minutes ago, FoCo Fly Fisher said:

Wife got me a Renzetti Traveller and an “Intro to Fly Tying” class!!

Nice !!!

My son got this lamp and is setting up a tying table for me so I can start tying flies again for the first time since October 2018. Lots of medical stuff in 2019 and 2020. My other light is attached to my desk up in Pullman, WA. This one will be here in Los Angeles with me...

wluviPO.jpg

PT/TB🤗

On 12/26/2020 at 10:47 AM, denduke said:

Mikey, my bass/exotics guy In DelRayBeach says real nippy down there last couple of days.  You got iguanas falling outa trees where you live and did you have to brake out the mukluks.?...😛

BTW,   What happened to MarkKnapp.  He didn’t fall thru the ice or sumthin????

56BB9791-13AA-4D94-8F3B-5A920A36AE55.jpeg

On 12/26/2020 at 2:44 PM, mikechell said:

Oh, and Mark Knapp had some serious backlog of work to do, then went fishing.  He should be back soon.

On 12/26/2020 at 3:19 PM, niveker said:

Glad to hear it's nothing more serious than alot of work and delayed fishing, if we all could be so lucky!.  

Yep, just been filling knife orders like crazy and then went on an extended ice fishing trip. Now I'm working like crazy again and cleaning up my fly tying room, leaving for another trip on the 2nd. Really trying for a thirty inch rainbow through the ice.

Thanks for thinking of me

Already posted pictures of my chistmas present in another thread. I did get another thing that I consider a christmas present. Our Golden Retriever managed to swallow four of the granddaughters pacifiers (we have no idea how he got them) and had emergency surgery on the 23rd to have them removed - three were in his stomach and one had made it to his small intestine. The christmas present part was we managed to come up with the money for the surgery on such short notice. He has been drugged up on pain meds since and as result is a lot less hyper.

3 minutes ago, TSMcDougald said:

Already posted pictures of my chistmas present in another thread. I did get another thing that I consider a christmas present. Our Golden Retriever managed to swallow four of the granddaughters pacifiers (we have no idea how he got them) and had emergency surgery on the 23rd to have them removed - three were in his stomach and one had made it to his small intestine. The christmas present part was we managed to come up with the money for the surgery on such short notice. He has been drugged up on pain meds since and as result is a lot less hyper.

I hope everything goes well. What a bummer.