Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
niveker

Gifted Some Flies

A client of my buddy's wife gave him her deceased husbands 'fishing stuff', he's not a fly fisherman so he passed them on to me.  

IMG-20201227-152628.jpg

IMG-20201227-152645.jpg

IMG-20201227-152750.jpg

IMG-20201227-152832-01.jpg

IMG-20201227-152838.jpg

Cool!  It looks like a pro tier's older reference boards to me.  Quite a few classic streamers and winged wets.  What date would those propeller flies put on that?  Late 60's?  Check out the Muddler Minnows tied on the doubles.  Styles have changed.

@chugbug27 - none that I know of, Chug.  There is quite a range of fly types/sizes though.   

@WJG - I got them attached to pieces of hard Styrofoam, all  jumbled together in a box. I put them on the foam sheets.  I'm not really sure of the date, judging by the hook styles/shapes, the type and size of hackles on the dries,  I would guess you're about right, but I really have no idea.  

10 hours ago, feathers5 said:

You hit the jackpot.

Yeah, it was kinda funny.  My buddy says you you I got some fly fishing stuff for you, and hands me a box.  I was flabbergasted when I opened it. I put a few flies in some of my boxes, but I think I'll probably keep most of them for some kind of display.  Right now they're tacked up on the cork board above my desk.  Gives my tying area  a bit of respectability, which it needed, and draws the eye away from the absolute disaster my fly tying desk surface is, LOL.