Fly Tying
Olalf

Looking for pics from Geert

2 hours ago, SalarMan said:

being said, cphubert is spot on with what went wrong there...especially as it applies to Geert. He is a kind, generous and just a delightful man who deserved nothing but good will and great praise.

You know?, looking quickly right now through his book and thinking back to many of his masterful creations, his holiday commemorative flies just for example, his ability to get so much material so well onto a hook, causes me to ponder that anyone who criticize possibly was envious of his craftsmanship.

I remember a Christmas season group he tied with masses of "floofy" vivid reds and whites with hints of holly greens. Nothing like any fly icon seen in the fly bibles but stunning on its own. I guess I need remind myself that art resideth in the eye of the beholder.

Salar and you others, thanks for conversing with me about this.         alf in Iowa

Alf -

Just an example of Geert's generosity...I sent him a pair of scissors like what he saw and commented on in a photo of my tying desk. He noticed the shape...Dr. Slick's "Bent Shaft Scissors"...and I just sent them because that's what I do. He in turn sent me...out of the blue...a framed set of 5 of his flies. Like I said...wonderful man.

George

3 hours ago, SalarMan said:

Alf -

Just an example of Geert's generosity...I sent him a pair of scissors like what he saw and commented on in a photo of my tying desk. He noticed the shape...Dr. Slick's "Bent Shaft Scissors"...and I just sent them because that's what I do. He in turn sent me...out of the blue...a framed set of 5 of his flies. Like I said...wonderful man.

George

Yop.