Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Hybrid Carp Fly

Carp are interesting fish. And the flies most people use to fish for them are even more interesting. Some very simple, some very complicated. Most are made to resemble worms, nymphs, or even moss. I have caught a couple carp In the past and each time was an amazing experience. They are powerful fish and very finicky as well. They are hard to get to bite, and when they finally do, they are a fight to bring in. This Hybrid carp fly, tied by John Montana seems to be a good one. Simple to tie, and im hoping is very effective. I have had trouble at my local waters hooking some of the carp. Its crystal clear water, so its hard to cast to them without them seeing you. But even when I do get a good cast, ive had them look over almost all flies Ive thrown at them. I am hoping this fly is the ticket as Ive heard it works for many carp fisherman around the world.

Carp are very picky and unpredictable. 95% of my fishing for about 8 years has been for carp, using the Euro style tackle and techniques. I did catch one carp last summer before health issues and surgery ruined fishing along with early season small and big game hunting. I'll see if I have a fly similar to the one I used. Fly fishing for carp is growing. My only carp was bigger than my best bass or trout. Will research that fly in the photo. There is a fly fishing section in the link. Scroll down for it. Good luck. Set the hook and hang on!

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com

1 hour ago, skeet3t said:

Carp are very picky and unpredictable. 95% of my fishing for about 8 years has been for carp, using the Euro style tackle and techniques. I did catch one carp last summer before health issues and surgery ruined fishing along with early season small and big game hunting. I'll see if I have a fly similar to the one I used. Fly fishing for carp is growing. My only carp was bigger than my best bass or trout. Will research that fly in the photo. There is a fly fishing section in the link. Scroll down for it. Good luck. Set the hook and hang on!

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com

Cool thanks.  I’m sorry about the health issues, I hope one day you can get back to fishing 

Doing well, finally. Was planning on going carp fishing but the rain washed out that idea.

You have to get a norvise,   You can twist up the herl into a rope with tying thread or copper wire.   

makes that pattern fast and durable.