Fly Tying
Mike West

Lee Wulff lines...

I’m in the market for a new Bass Bug line for an 8wt glass rod I’m building.

I have used his TT lines in the past and have been very happy with them.

I’m thinking about getting one of the Bass bug lines, ambush lines or salt water tapers a try.

Any of you guys have any experience with these?

Also considering Barrios Predator line.

No Rio suggestions please... you couldn’t give me one for free.

I like SA,Cortland and Airflo

I have an airflow Chad’s tropical punch on a 9 wt right now and really like it I might go that route.

thx for your input

Certainly not one to offer such a seasoned veteran line advice,   Just wonder where you’ve been?  Always liked your stuff.   Glad to see you posting.   Only thing to say about lotta bug throwing, I stumbled on a lil 9’ cheap 5 wt. EagleClaw China graphite GrangerFly that is such a pleasure to hurl small/med bugs without retearing my rotater cuff all day. Got a SA line.   Sorry, but try to leave the 6, 8 wts at home, ain’t what you wanta hear...

I've enjoyed SA Frequency Magnum lines as of late for all my floating bass bugs and streamers.  Good value for the $.  I like the Lee Wulff lines for delicate presentations of smaller flies but felt they left a lot to be desired when casting large weighted and air resistant flies.  YMMV