Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

How slow is the mail now, really...?

Tell me where it is here in Florida and I’ll go grab it for you...😉

I find it hilarious that mail coming to Florida seems pretty fast getting here, including packages that actually belong in Michigan.

As for USPS, I can’t remember details, but, I am pretty sure I heard something about politicians screwing with the postal service years ago. No surprise there. I remember people complaining that something was passed which was going to eventually choke the USPS in favor of UPS, FedEx, etc. It sounded far fetched, but maybe we are getting there now...

They have done so well with mail we should put them in charge of other facets of our lives. My monthly bills are all late right now, that's a good thing right. maybe not but at least I haven't seen my MasterCard Christmas bill yet. 

Lets not get into politics here remember we have a zero politics rule on this site. With that said, as someone that used USPS for my rod business from 2003- till June of 2020 I can tell you that they have never been great when it came to packages. I honestly think that this past year as well as Christmas rush has simply shined a light on the fact that they never have been able to competently  handle a truly large flow of packages  properly.

Ok on zero politics rule, but saying that politicians pass some laws that are misguided or sometimes plain stupid is not a political statement. It is the objective truth...! 😄

Understood. But you know how things are in the world right now with everything having politics brought into it so just headed that off before someone takes it there ;)

BTW usps must have heard me bitchin'...guess what was just delivered? Finally got that blank after what, 30/31 days or something like that. Jeez. The replacement one is still in Fl though lol

24 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

Understood. But you know how things are in the world right now with everything having politics brought into it so just headed that off before someone takes it there ;)

BTW usps must have heard me bitchin'...guess what was just delivered? Finally got that blank after what, 30/31 days or something like that. Jeez. The replacement one is still in Fl though lol

Steve, you have have hollered real loud! Here in Tennessee, I blamed the wind.😊

I'm still waiting for a few things, I think maybe 5 things now? But that's down from the 20+ I was waiting for. And the blank was for an order so that was important. The other things are my own personal stuff so not quite as important as the other items I was waiting for at least.

I ordered something else and they only offered usps. Ordered Jan 3rd, still don't have it yet (Ny to Mi). Been 3 weeks since Christmas so can't use that excuse still. They just suck, no two ways about it lol

Package took 2-1/2 weeks to go 300 miles all in the state of Tennessee. Took a Christmas card 10 days within the city.

I am doing a service project for our chapter of Muskies Inc, by building 70 inline spinners to be given to youth participating in our events. Basically double 8s with 1 4/0 hook and double 10s with 2 7/0 hooks. I ordered them on 1/13 and am blown away that they arrived today. Lure parts online filled the order and got it from Springfield, IL to Minneapolis in two days, using normal delivery. 

3 hours ago, The Mad Duck said:

The mail is SO slow that the cheese I sent out for Christmas got moldy and turned into penicillin 😁

DC045670-6256-45FC-AF5E-F2F3D075A40C.jpeg

Ha! Merry Christmas to me, I guess...!
It took 4 days for the Collins package to get to me, from New York to South Florida.
Today I received a Christmas card from Huntington, MD postmarked on December 20, 2020.

Go figure...