Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

How slow is the mail now, really...?

I think the USPS is in charge of delivering the COVID vaccine. You want to talk boondoggle let's talk how the vaccine is being handled. Disgraceful. 

I could share stories, but there is no way to talk about it and not violate the zero politics rule, so everything is JUST EFFING’ GREAT! 

I ordered some components for the youth project I am doing for our local chapter of Muskies Inc from LurePartsOnline in Springfield, IL yesterday morning. They arrived this morning in Minneapolis. They used Speed-Dee delivery. Amazing service from both the company and the delivery service. 
Tom

All of my January bills were late. I went online and checked how much I owed everybody and sent them their money. Turns out I forgot the electric company. I got the new bill showing I didn't pay last month but I still haven't received the bill from last month. 

My insurance bill was due on January 6th. Got it by snail mail on the 9th. Mailed it the 11th. Agent said he got a few similar calls on late billing. Then I got a past due bill and policy would be cancelled by a certain date. Agent checked and it was posted on the 15th.

Well you can add Fedex right along with sucking like the postal service now. Have a package that was shipped on the 9th, showed the initial tracking leaving California on the 10th. Was supposed to be here today but did not come. That's not the big issue I have, I can wait a few extra days. But what really concerns me is there were ZERO tracking updates/info since the first one 6 days ago. Now the delivery date changed from today to "delivery pending". The F that supposed to mean?? IMO means we have no idea what happened to your package. This is almost a $400 item as well so I paid extra for Fedex. Called Fedex and they tell me "we have detailed info here...its in transit"....OHHHHH its in transit, thats detailed info? Thanks woman in India you were a real big help. 

I swear if someone these days actually did the job they were paid to do I would fall right over dead from shock.

When something similar happened to me, the package was lost.

It was an Amazon deal, so they took care of it, but it still was aggravating.

Amazon was contemplating getting into the shipping business about 2 years ago.  I haven't heard anything lately, so they may have shelved that plan.

I think they might be carefully picking their targets of opportunity. They opened a big warehouse near us, next to the the WPB airport. Since then there are tons of Amazon vans doing deliveries in the area. Not sure if it is only the last few miles or if they do the whole thing but they sure seem to be into some shipping around here.

Actually finally got an update email from Fedex on the one I posted about above. "supposedly" the new delivery date is today (Wednesday)...I fail to see how that will be true because its current location at 2am is still down in Ohio. Dunno how they will get it from Oh to Mi and sorted through the hub and on the truck before the trucks head out in 6 hours but we'll see.

Here is my latest with FedEx.

Supposed to get a package at work yesterday by 4:30pm.

It currently shows in Memphis, Tennessee.

We will give them a break because of weather this time...

Actually showed up today thankfully. Still blows my mind though because I fail to see the use of tracking, if it goes 8 days with no updates. Whats the point of even bothering. Ah well, at least I got it.

I just found out today ... Wife ordered a massager for her knee (special shaped deal with heat and massage), SIX weeks ago.  It's still not here.