Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

CRAZY ice fishing video

I finally got out to quartz lake. It's quite the place. If you want me to show how to tie that jig that was catching fish then tell me. I probably will anyway. It's a good jig. Here's the video for the ice fishing:

(5) INSANE ICE FISHING ACTION in QUARTZ LAKE, ALASKA! - YouTube

Please like the video and please consider subscribing to my channel. Enjoy and have a nice day!

Good job James. I'm not going to knit pick you to death about foggy lenses and cameras pointed at nothing. I appreciate the moose shots, that was a nice touch. I also appreciate that you didn't do a lot of hollering on the ice.

By now you probably know that the regs allow a total of ten fish per day including all four species in the lake, silvers, kings, char and rainbows. Only one over 18 inches.

If you ever see me at my motor home or fish house there, stop and say hi.

7 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Good job James. I'm not going to knit pick you to death about foggy lenses and cameras pointed at nothing. I appreciate the moose shots, that was a nice touch. I also appreciate that you didn't do a lot of hollering on the ice.

By now you probably know that the regs allow a total of ten fish per day including all four species in the lake, silvers, kings, char and rainbows. Only one over 18 inches.

If you ever see me at my motor home or fish house there, stop and say hi.

hey mark, some kid figured out my instagram and started flooding my DMS (messaging system) with how I only caught rainbows. I proved him they weren't rainbows and he started saying they are kokanee. Is that true? Also could you include how many years you have been fishing at quartz lake so I can screenshot this and send this to him?

Generally, the word Kokanee is used (in the lower 48) to mean land locked red (sockeye) salmon. We don't have any red salmon, our state only stocks Kings (Chinooks) and Silvers (Coho) salmon.

In my 37 years fishing Quarts lake I have caught all four species in the lake lots of times, we call that a Quartz Lake slam (Rainbow, Char, Silvers and Kings). This year we have already caught and released about 280 fish through the ice. We haven't caught any char yet this year, they seem to be the most elusive where we fish.

44 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Generally, the word Kokanee is used (in the lower 48) to mean land locked red (sockeye) salmon. We don't have any red salmon, our state only stocks Kings (Chinooks) and Silvers (Coho) salmon.

In my 37 years fishing Quarts lake I have caught all four species in the lake lots of times, we call that a Quartz Lake slam (Rainbow, Char, Silvers and Kings). This year we have already caught and released about 280 fish through the ice. We haven't caught any char yet this year, they seem to be the most elusive where we fish.

when are you going back to quartz?

2 hours ago, TIER said:

when are you going back to quartz?

Probably in 10 days or so, we'll be down there for 5 or six days.