Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Wife and I got shot up yesterday

Being in a small town does have benefits. Unlike a lot of places where  people stand in line for hours we just notice to set up a time for our shots by phone. They set us up with a time to get shots and when we drove in National Guard directed us to an area to park. Shortly someone came up with a questionnaire to fill out. He took a look at me with O2 hooked up and walker in back and asked if we'd prefer to just get shots in car. Sure thing with me so he directed us to a spot on side of building. Soon someone else came out, went through the guidelines and got our signatures on agreement for shots.

A few minutes later a gal came out with a couple of needles and shot us up right in the car without having to even get out. She left and first guy said we had to to wait a half hour before we could go to check on reactions since on questionnaire wife said she has reacted to different meds before. Well, we waited our half hour, no problems and we're on our way with second shot of Moderna Vaccine scheduled in same spot 28 days from now. I have no reaction at all but of course wife says her arm feels like I punched the hell out of her and still hurts this morning but she does react poorly to many things and if a sore arm is only problem we're lucky. Looking forward to second shot so I can actually go out in public without so much concern.

She went down to the bar for her regular Thursday night pool game and found out one of the guys in the next town over (30 miles over) did have an adverse reaction to shot and ended up in hospital. Watching news this morning they said only 29 people in entire country have had severe adverse reactions so he  makes 30 since out here in middle of nowhere we never get counted in stats around country.

"I'm going to give you a shot."

"Great! Pour yourself on while you are at it."

Reactions- took allergy shots for a while and nothing. 2018 I passed out and wrecked our new car. Thought it was due to a blood draw. Next month, no blood draw but the shot reacted. Fortunately, didn't get out of the parking lot.