Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Winner of the VERY controversial ECS...

When I was in Cancun, I went to the Cancun Aquarium and you could feed the sharks in the shark tank. I put on a wet suit and went down into the aquarium's tank in a plexiglass shark cage.

Two of the sharks in the tank we're an 8 and a 10 ft Bull. They were freaking massive, beautiful fish. Unfortunatley when we fed the sharks, the ones that ate were a couple of 7 foot Brown sharks. Still cool to watch them swim up on it and engulf it, but I wanted to watch the Bulls eat.

Needless to say, that was an unforgettable afternoon, somehow I even talked my wife into entering the cage with me, she won't be heading in any time soon.

One thing I'll never forget... when the bulls were circling the cage, they kept their eyes locked right on you, I felt if I stuck anything out of the cage, it wasn't coming back in. bugeyes.gif

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Apr 7 2005, 10:41 AM)
Anytime ANYTHING that can fit my head in it's mouth is in the water with me...it's a big deal! unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif

What about Paranahs? I hear they're fun to catch. laugh.gif

Here is a story about an attack that happened last summer in St. Petersburg. This guy was hit by a 4 foot long shark, a baby shark, and these things grow to be 10 feet.

Shark attack

This is why Smallie wouldn't get his feet wet when he was down here last summer. laugh.gif

"Tampa Bay's last fatal shark attack occurred in September of 2000 in Boca Ciega Bay, when Thadeus Kubinski jumped into the bay for a swim, where what was thought to be a bull shark was feeding."

...man, that sucks.

When wadding around Tampa Bay we used to have 20 foot stingers with a quick release.

I have had a few rip a Specked trout and snook off me.