Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Winner of the VERY controversial ECS...

It may be legal, but we don't. BTW, do they still make that crappy Iron City beer up there? smoke.gif

fcflyguy,

If you're trying to impress me with that list of PA baitfish, you failed. Someday when you grow up and want to catch a real gamefish, come to FL and I'll hook you up with something as big as you are. cool.gif

Let me try my hand at pulling you two apart. PA can never be florida and Florida can never be PA. Simple as that, they both have their own strengths as far as flyfishing goes and you can't really compare them.

TB, most of the steelies that run in the tribs in PA are stocked anyway. They pull them out of Trout Run and Godfrey run and take the roe and milt, then "manufacture" them in the hatchery.

And trust me, some of the fish I've seen in the runways in those creeks are ridiculous! The breeding stock is pretty good. Although I think their size has more to do with forage in the lake than anything. There's supposedly been a huge shad boom in the lake and I'll be damned if the steelhead this season weren't bigger than usual.

sk

user posted image

Crazy place Florida...

"One local said: 'I've been working here for 20 years and I've never seen as many sharks as this.' Lifeguard chief Paul Milne said: 'We are closing the beaches to swimmers because we don't want to tempt fate.'

There are always sharks in the water down here. If northerners knew that we'd have less traffic congestion. laugh.gif

The local news shows take aerial pictures every year showing sharks within yards of swimmers. It's no big deal, unless it's a Bull shark, then you get your butt out of the water. bugeyes.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this