Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tier - Fly Swap #5 - Terrestrials - This swap is full! - Final part of the series

I got two very nice sets of flies from Chris_in_Louisiana and psychoprince today.  Three sets to go to finish this swap and the series overall!  The end is in sight!!

Thanks to all of you for a fine set of swaps and a great experience!

Kim

Got some nice Foam Beetles from stabgnid in the mail today.

I have to find out about the last set of flies - hope to by this w/e and I'll get your flies right out to you after that.  Thanks for your patience!

Kim

I will (or will not!) find out about the status of the final set of flies by this w/e.  If no word I'll mail all your flies on Monday so we can wrap this series up.  And, as always, I thank you for your patience!

Kim

3 hours ago, Noahguide said:

Schrodinger's flies, until you open the mailbox......

👍👍😉

Unfortunately, we had a last minute drop in this swap.  I included an extra gift - for a hint check out here - beginner tying technique and tying the killer bug - Beginner's Corner - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com).  I did include the directions for this special fly BUT it was 2 AM and I omitted/(glossed over?!)/(had a VERY senior moment!!) a couple of the steps - or you can just say I SCREWED UP!!!

At step #2, after the wire is locked down - hold the tying wire down and helicopter the tag end off (or cut/snip).  On step #3 - after the yarn is anchored with a couple turns you can cut off the tag OR (for a smoother transition) simply unwind the yarn and, holding near the anchor point, simply pull to unravel the yarn.  Lastly, on step #5 - if you whip finish the wire then helicopter it off (if you simply wrap to end then snip/cut).  Now you can avoid a casting a fly with wire flying all over the place!

Check your PM's for your tracking # and thanks again for a fine swap series and I hope you all had fun!  "Till next time, tight lines my friends! :) 

Kim

Got the swap flies today and they are GREAT! Nice job by everyone.  Some of the patterns in the swap will be great for Trout, Panfish, and Bass so color me happy with the variety.

Thanks to WWKimba for being a superior Swap Meister and for the extra goodies - it is appreciated.

Take care,

Received a great little pack of terrestrials in USPS today.  Perfect timing too.  The rain has finally stopped after a week of thunderstorms and torrential downpours.  Looking forward to putting these to good use on some of the local bass and sunfish.  Thanks again for hosting, Kim!!

Chris

Received the flies today and they look great.  I didn't have many terrestrials so I'm really looking forward to trying these.

Thanks @WWKimba for all of the additional goodies and hosting the swaps.