Fly Tying
TIER

Florida looks good right now.

I probably am going where ever the air force tells me to. Hopefully it's somewhere not in alaska it's to cold here.

11 hours ago, Bimini15 said:

Then it is too hot.

There are differences from north Florida to south Florida, and, while I am happy for you guys with mild temps, right now it is uncomfortably hot for this time of the year where I am. And we are 40 days from Easter.

Chasing Tails, thank God you had a boga grip. Can’t imagine dipping fingertips in that water... 😊

I had the ice auger in the back of the boat but didn’t end up needing it...;)

11 hours ago, Bimini15 said:

Then it is too hot.

There are differences from north Florida to south Florida, and, while I am happy for you guys with mild temps, right now it is uncomfortably hot for this time of the year where I am. And we are 40 days from Easter.

Chasing Tails, thank God you had a boga grip. Can’t imagine dipping fingertips in that water... 😊

Been from one end to the other. Am not a warm/hot weather fan. Having asthma, those weather conditions hold more moisture and less oxygen. The cooler/colder the  ambient temps, the less humidity and the more oxygen to the point of saturation. That is why you feel fatigued in hot weather due to heat index.

Florida is going to be 85 again today. That's just to dang hot for the middle of February.  Hilton Head 62. More and more I'm leaning towards Hilton Head. Hawaii also in the running as I'm learning the homes prices are very similar to where I'm at currently. I wonder what's worse, volcano eruptions every few hundred years, a half dozen hurricanes a year and another half dozen tropical storms or a few inches of snow a few months out of the year. Hmmmmmm, there's a tradeoff with everything. 

9 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

You can go if you want James, I'm staying right here.

I'm with you Mark!  Born and bred New Englander here and I've been to Florida many times.   Florida is nice to visit in the winter but living there would be misery for me.  Of the many people I know who have moved to Florida to escape the winter roughly half of them have moved back.  The other half, like my niece, must really hate the cold so for them I guess it's a good decision.  For me I love the northern climate and it's glorious change of the seasons.  Winters here are long but they will make you really appreciate a beautiful summer day.  I live to trout and salmon fish in cold, moving rivers while breathing cool crisp air.  Give me a 50 degree day to fly fish in the Autumn and It's Heaven on earth for me. 😄

38 minutes ago, DFoster said:

I'm with you Mark!  Born and bred New Englander here and I've been to Florida many times.   Florida is nice to visit in the winter but living there would be misery for me.  Of the many people I know who have moved to Florida to escape the winter roughly half of them have moved back.  The other half, like my niece, must really hate the cold so for them I guess it's a good decision.  For me I love the northern climate and it's glorious change of the seasons.  Winters here are long but they will make you really appreciate a beautiful summer day.  I live to trout and salmon fish in cold, moving rivers while breathing cool crisp air.  Give me a 50 degree day to fly fish in the Autumn and It's Heaven on earth for me. 😄

I worked in the electrical department at the local Lowe's store. We were the closest store to western NC. They are called "half-backs" as they moved to FL, decided to leave and moved half way back to their Northern homes. I was surprised at the number of people who were building homes in NC.

Had one fellow who obviously was not from the South. Asked him and found he was from the Chicago area. "Sir, what brought you down here?" "I-65!" Gotta love it!

I'll take the 50s and a trout stream, too.

3 hours ago, DFoster said:

You said it brother.

Back to Lowe's- a lady lived in a place in FL that got hit by two hurricanes in two weeks. She said a neighbor researched and found a town in central FL that had never been hit. He moved. Guess what?

13 hours ago, TIER said:

I probably am going where ever the air force tells me to. Hopefully it's somewhere not in alaska it's to cold here.

That sounds like a good plan, buddy. Lot's of people would kill to live in Alaska though.

Just now, Mark Knapp said:

That sounds like a good plan, buddy. Lot's of people would kill to live in Alaska though.

I know exactly where i am going to try to go when I turn 18, I don't care if the fishing's good. Colorado. More specifically just north of colorado springs.

4 minutes ago, TIER said:

I know exactly where i am going to try to go when I turn 18, I don't care if the fishing's good. Colorado. More specifically just north of colorado springs.

Now I know your priorities are screwed up. What's there for ya? I think the fishing is pretty good there though.

2 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Now I know your priorities are screwed up. What's there for ya? I think the fishing is pretty good there though.

The thing that's there for me is a collage more elite than harvard. The US Air Force Academy. If you complete it (that's a HUGE if) you go out as an officer. That means better pay and jobs.