Fly Tying
TIER

Florida looks good right now.

It's 5 degrees and windy here. it's 60 degrees there. I also think the saltwater fishing is better. Yes we have halibut, but 1. they barley put up a fight, and 2. this might sound weird but I just don't like eating halibut. I like red meat like salmon. And there are a lot of big saltwater fish. Here are some vids from a youtuber I watch.

MASSIVE Dolphin Fish!! Biggest I've Ever Seen! - YouTube

Monster Yellowfin Tuna!! - YouTube

Searching for Giant Cobia and Monster Snapper Fishing, Catch N Cook - 4K - YouTube

Tier, it’s 5 degrees up there? Geez it was minus 18 this morning here in my part of Michigan! I am in complete agreement with you on Florida right now, my grand parents had a place near weeki washi springs back in 1970s. Many parts of Florida were still small town rural and very fun to visit. The fishing was a blast, we fished the canals leading into the gulf, and you never new what you were going to catch. We also used to go out on a party boat from tarpon springs, what a blast, and 80 degrees in January was a huge plus. Oh well hang in there spring will here and then time will fly by.

Mike.

Yesterday broke the string of 10 days straight of 80 degree temps as it only got into the upper 70's. Low 80's again today for about another week; but those halibut on the dinner table are better than the moratorium from red tide fish kills as can't catch & fillet snook, redfish & a few other species currently.

3 hours ago, saltydancindave said:

can't catch & fillet snook, redfish & a few other species currently.

Come on over to Glades county on March 1 and I can put you on some fillet and release snook. 😁

9A8D3543-3D01-4819-BC22-7B21FB8F162E.jpeg

We dipped below 0 here in SE Michigan last night. Supposed to get to mid 30's next week....that's gonna feel like summer, where's my shorts & sandals ?!!

I keep daily checks of temperatures in Hilton head and Kissimmee Florida. It was freaking 85 in Florida yesterday. Way to hot for my liking but Hilton head was in the low 60's. Much better sounding. Yes I'm trying to figure out where to spend my future winters. 

1 hour ago, caloosa bug said:

Now that's just sick cb. Funny as hell though. Good thinking on that play on our snowstorm measuring. -15 here in OK and that's coldest since 1896.

It's only going to be 65 on Saturday.  I was just putting the parka away ... now I'll have to bring it back out.

Not a Florida fan. If I sweat walking the 65 feet to the mailbox, it's too hot. I breathe better in the cold weather. Yes, been in minus 41 with a wind chill of minus 61.

17 minutes ago, skeet3t said:

If I sweat walking the 65 feet to the mailbox, it's too hot.

Then it is too hot.

There are differences from north Florida to south Florida, and, while I am happy for you guys with mild temps, right now it is uncomfortably hot for this time of the year where I am. And we are 40 days from Easter.

Chasing Tails, thank God you had a boga grip. Can’t imagine dipping fingertips in that water... 😊

2 hours ago, vicrider said:

Now that's just sick cb. Funny as hell though. Good thinking on that play on our snowstorm measuring. -15 here in OK and that's coldest since 1896.

Wow, thought I’d try a little humor given the situation. I flew into ok in July 2001 for a week long baseball adventure before heading overseas. Temps were around 100 plus. The heat didn’t bother me as much as the dry air. 

I honestly sometimes don't care about the temperature. Yesterday i didn't have a shirt on for some reason but I went out in 20 degrees to take the trash out without a shirt. The annoying things is vehicles hate the temps, and also the wind makes drifts taller than 9 feet tall sometimes. and by the way, If you are wondering why is so warm here 1. people like to make Alaska seem like the coldest place on earth and 2. I live on a hill, it's much warmer up here than on the flat part of delta. I am the same way about being warm. Another reason i like warmer weather is because i like open water fishing. While it's cool and all, ice fishing is not my favorite thing to do. Don't get me wrong, I like ice fishing, I just prefer open water.

4 hours ago, caloosa bug said:

Come on over to Glades county on March 1 and I can put you on some fillet and release snook. 😁

Thanks. Sounds about as good as fly fishing the Peace River up in Desoto County where they say snook can be kept. As for shoveling the measured almost foot of heat & humidity out of the backyard; much better than that much snow & ice !