Jump to content
Fly Tying
TIER

Florida looks good right now.

Recommended Posts

You better start doing two things.  Exercise and your body and exercise your brain.  All the military academies are harder to get through than any civilian university or college.  You have to have discipline, physical stamina and the ability to apply yourself to your studies more than anywhere else in the world.

If I'm not mistaken, you've got to rank pretty high, nationally, when you graduate from high school, too.  The admittance criteria are incredibly difficult.  Don't wait until you're a year out and think you can get in shape that quickly.  Knuckle down and get to improving yourself ... now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mikechell said:

You better start doing two things.  Exercise and your body and exercise your brain.  All the military academies are harder to get through than any civilian university or college.  You have to have discipline, physical stamina and the ability to apply yourself to your studies more than anywhere else in the world.

If I'm not mistaken, you've got to rank pretty high, nationally, when you graduate from high school, too.  The admittance criteria are incredibly difficult.  Don't wait until you're a year out and think you can get in shape that quickly.  Knuckle down and get to improving yourself ... now!

already do that. I work out 5 times a week and do lots of school, plus do coding for the website i am creating. I am doing it all from html css and js no website maker. And when I want to I focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Noahguide said:

....................?  Wait for it.....

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I focus on important stuff i meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TIER said:

The thing that's there for me is a collage more elite than harvard. The US Air Force Academy. If you complete it (that's a HUGE if) you go out as an officer. That means better pay and jobs.

Good for you. I wish you the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually Harvard is more elite (based on acceptance rates and academic rankings) but I'll let you take that up with us news and world reports. 

Nonetheless a very lofty and worthy goal. Air Force has an 11% acceptance rate. That means it's extremely difficult to get into so how are you going to seperate yourself from the other 89%. SAT scores is just one area you will have to ace as well as athletics, volunteerism, straight A's in advance placement classes. Your personal physical fitness only comes into play after acceptance. Time to get cracking. It's a great goal and I'm wishing you the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic took a right turn...

First, Tier good luck with your effort.  Prolly have advantage over the rest of your generation.  But AirForceAcademy gonna be a tough deal unless you have alum relatives, Congress men to write letters and it’s crazy competitive acceptance   

There is another alternative.  ROTC is offered in whole lotta schools and scholarships available.  I had buddies that used it.  Back in late 60s a lotta land grant universities required ROTC  for first 2 years.  People that “went advanced” the last 2,years after graduation became 2nd Lieutenants that served 2 years active duty, 4 years reserve.   My first roommate majored in physics and became a weather man in the USAF.  Others went army..   I didn’t have good enough grades and prolly wouldn’t pass pilot physical.  Disappointed my career USAF officer dad.  Many got their private pilot license while in school too. Don’t have to go pilot route though.  It was a special time back then   Vietnam was full blown.  After I graduated I got drafted ( lottery #71outa 365) but lucked up and failed the physical!   

Anyway something to check into...Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

actually Harvard is more elite (based on acceptance rates and academic rankings) but I'll let you take that up with us news and world reports. 

Nonetheless a very lofty and worthy goal. Air Force has an 11% acceptance rate. That means it's extremely difficult to get into so how are you going to seperate yourself from the other 89%. SAT scores is just one area you will have to ace as well as athletics, volunteerism, straight A's in advance placement classes. Your personal physical fitness only comes into play after acceptance. Time to get cracking. It's a great goal and I'm wishing you the best.

as @denduke said, USAFA doesn't have much acceptance because you need a congressman to just allow you to apply. I also am in the air force auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol and I currently rank as a Master Sergeant. I am very close to being a senior master sergeant. once you hit 2nd lieutenant (I am 3 ranks way from) you get a easier way to USAFA. I am hoping it's easier to get into with that under my belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, denduke said:

This topic took a right turn...

First, Tier good luck with your effort.  Prolly have advantage over the rest of your generation.  But AirForceAcademy gonna be a tough deal unless you have alum relatives, Congress men to write letters and it’s crazy competitive acceptance   

There is another alternative.  ROTC is offered in whole lotta schools and scholarships available.  I had buddies that used it.  Back in late 60s a lotta land grant universities required ROTC  for first 2 years.  People that “went advanced” the last 2,years after graduation became 2nd Lieutenants that served 2 years active duty, 4 years reserve.   My first roommate majored in physics and became a weather man in the USAF.  Others went army..   I didn’t have good enough grades and prolly wouldn’t pass pilot physical.  Disappointed my career USAF officer dad.  Many got their private pilot license while in school too. Don’t have to go pilot route though.  It was a special time back then   Vietnam was full blown.  After I graduated I got drafted ( lottery #71outa 365) but lucked up and failed the physical!   

Anyway something to check into...Good luck!

 

AFROTC is my alternative acadamy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...