Fly Tying
vicrider

Whiting 100 packs in smallest sizes

Anyone have a source for Whiting 100 fly packs in sized smaller than 22? Been looking at sites all over and just can't find anything smaller. The only source I've used in past who goes all the down to 28s is Feather Emporium and they're kind of iffy these days. I've had good luck in past with them and may have to give them another if no one knows of another source for the tiny stuff.

Nick

Might try feather emporium. Give him a call and ask what he has

Yeah, he's the one I've got them from before but reading and hearing so many question marks on him lately I was kind of concerned.

Thanks and will probably have to give him a try.

2 minutes ago, vicrider said:

Yeah, he's the one I've got them from before but reading and hearing so many question marks on him lately I was kind of concerned.

He’s a lovely gentlemen.

Agree with the recommendation of Feather Emporium.  He has stuff that no one else seems to have. Also, if he has what you are looking for the $20 cost of a 100 pack is not much of a risk.  

1 hour ago, vicrider said:

I spoke with him and placed an order last week. Everything arrived is great condition and he cut me a deal.

Thanks for the good words on FE. Too much bad press makes a person nervous. Toothy, if only it was $20 I could take the hit but chances are good I look at his wonderful website and no way can I hold an order to $20. He also sold me some great Cree bundles at fair price and I love to work with Cree, both for the feather color and known rarity in nature.

@vicrider Haha! Too true! Who could possibly order only one when you see all that he has to offer!
What color are you hunting for this time? I also enjoy tying with Cree. Such a great combination of colors! 

I wouldn’t order from feather emporium ever again no matter how badly I wanted a feather.  I tried once in 2017 and had a pretty bad experience (he wanted me to pay more than I did through the site, saying that the site price was wrong).  He wouldn’t ship my order until I gave him more money and wouldn’t return my money either.  He was very rude about it also, saying things like “oh your the guy not willing to pay more”.  Uhhhhhhhhh. Yeah man, I paid you for an item, I don’t want to be shaken down.    Then I tried him again in 2019 because I heard from some people he had gotten better.   Well that was the worst experience.  After waiting 3 weeks, I contacted him asking if he knew when he would ship.   He was very rude.  Finally when he sent the item 3 months later, it was not what I ordered. No chance to get my money back or what I really ordered.   

every once in a while I will brows his site and think, man I wish I could order from him, since he has so much stuff to offer.  But then I realize how horrible he treated me twice and try to find it elsewhere.   If you want to give it a chance you might be ok.  But I’ve had very very bad experiences with him.   

nope, never again.   

12 hours ago, flytire said:

There is one color in a 24, otherwise they only go to 22. Prices are good so I'll order a 24 and a 22 from them and a couple of smaller sizes from FE and hope for the best. I have read others who have had the trouble like our buddy McFly had and it doesn't spawn great trust. Thing is, I've read about people who have met him at shows and his inventory is quality and lots of variety at the shows and a great guy to talk and deal with.