Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

Gunz

1 hour ago, The Mad Duck said:

Gotta go back and protect all those little veal cutlets.

God bless ya!  Mmm- mm.  

Gotta 3x12 Barska 50mm objective that has a nifty lighted reticle for the Winn100 08 autoloader at GanderMountain closure.  Hunt mostly evenings til dark.   Season was over February 15.  Some young fella bought a 10 acre hayfield down and across and killed a 12pt and 8 pt.  Bout right.  Had passed on  2 lil 8s but never saw the 12 even on camera.  Hope the 10 survived I was gunning for.   Don’t see how they’re gonna live there I ve seen  it under a foot of water twice.   I feed em somebody else shoots em... Need to cull some of the 6pts.   They are never gonna been anything but.   Saw maybe the reason on camera; big 6....

FDA140E1-A957-4968-A270-B44F964DFF67.png

C46ECAE1-0C4E-4D06-8400-A2EA77194A1E.jpeg

8 hours ago, denduke said:

Way years ago in UK and maybe even Canada they passed a compulsory gun registration law.  What that did was make all gun owners felons if their guns weren’t registered.  I won’t ever forget that news reel showing even vintage shotguns in England being sawed apart/trashed...😳

You're right, we had a gun registry in Canada. It was trashed by a later gov't. It was supposed to cost $80 million but ended up costing over a billion. Now the idiots in Ottawa are at it again. God I wish we had a 2nd amendment.

(50, 100 and 500 yards) of 296 out of 300 is my reason to love it.

Dang Mikey, that’s some fine shooting.   I can’t see 500 yards and open sites(?).  M16.... You’re my new idle!

Problem with those real long shots.  I took one about 400 yards one time and  strained  the rifle🤪

Had to buy another one...😝

I was much younger ... and able to see ... at that time.  I doubt I could do as well today.  

Yeah, you could hear the rifle grunt with each shot at 500 yards.

I shot a sniper rifle at 1000 yards in 1988.  Had a spotter and the rifle's owner on the tower with me.  I was just there to aim and squeeze the trigger.  It was an exchange situation with my unit (one of the first UAV units in the MC) and a Recon unit, so I could report how the other unit could benefit from ours.  This particular event was a few days with snipers.  Culminating in enough rounds to get on the black.  It only took me three.  First one high, but on the paper.  The spotter and the sniper made adjustments to the sights while I stayed in position.  Second round nicked the shoulder.  Again, adjustments made while I maintained my position.  Third shot was a heart shot.  I don't remember what the brand was, so I can't include it in my list of favorites ... but I liked that rifle.

WOW, that bull barrel I added to that 10/22 is da BOMB. I shot 1/4 inch groups at 50 yards and maybe 3/8 in groups at 100. I think that would have been 1/4 inch groups as well, but the wind was blowing 15+ knots and with a little bullet like a .22, wind is not your friend.