Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Camo Clad Warrior

Jig Swap! Full!

mine went postal yesterday

the guy walking them to Washington should be there sooner or later

postmaster said Saturday buy we'll see

out of my control

Have heart Norm and others dissing the PO service. To help things move more smoothly the new policy will go from 2-3 day first to 3-5 day first class. It's already running on that schedule but making it official gives them the right to say it's running smoothly versus slow as hell. I'm going down and buying a roll of forever stamps. Something I can leave for my kids that will go way up in value.

Yeah, smooth- Still waiting.  2 hours away

February 7, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

February 3, 2021, 9:03 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
COLUMBIA SC PROCESSING CENTER 

4 hours ago, vicrider said:

Have heart Norm and others dissing the PO service. To help things move more smoothly the new policy will go from 2-3 day first to 3-5 day first class. It's already running on that schedule but making it official gives them the right to say it's running smoothly versus slow as hell. I'm going down and buying a roll of forever stamps. Something I can leave for my kids that will go way up in value.

Buy now while stamps are cheap. Price increase on the way

Mine went out today via priority mail.  Should be there on 29th.

Tracking number is 9505 5066 9316 1085 6099 30

Thanks for hosting.  I tied some bunny flies for Salmon/Steelhead/Bass or other fish that like moderately large, bright flies. I look forward to seeing everyone's jigs.

On 3/4/2021 at 5:05 PM, stabgnid said:

I'm in !!!!!!!

Steve-stabgnid

Hey Steve. Wasn't able to message you, but wanted to check in and see how the flies were coming along? Due date is April 1st. 

14 hours ago, Camo Clad Warrior said:

Hey Steve. Wasn't able to message you, but wanted to check in and see how the flies were coming along? Due date is April 1st. 

There done... PO has no Saturday hours so they will be mailed out Monday

Steve-stabgnid

54 minutes ago, stabgnid said:

There done... PO has no Saturday hours so they will be mailed out Monday

Steve-stabgnid

Thanks for the update Steve. Appreciate it

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for participating in this one. All the flies have been "swapped" and are going in the post today.

We had a good mix of flies for this one, which was great to see. I am looking forward to fishing them very soon.

Richmce, and his grandson included a little material that they used on their flies. I have included this in everyone's package in addition I randomly inserted some material into everyone's package as a thank you for joining. In addition, the two sets of flies I received first will have the "grand prizes if you will. The first package in received a nice package of Firehole tungsten slotted beads, and the second package received had a package of Firehole jig hooks added.

Again, thanks everyone for joining, getting your flies in quick, and all the extras.

Keep an eye out for the next swap.

CCW

Firehole tungsten beads? Firehole jig hooks. Let me know what your next swap is going to be and I'll start pre-tying. Looking forward to these and will work for panfish I'm sure and maybe even get to trout water later this year.

By the way, one of the contributors to our Santa Swap with packages for everybody in swap was Mel's  https://thebluegillbugshop.com/pages/fly-tying-hooks  who now has in stock the longer shanked jig hooks. One of my few complaints has always been the short shanks on the 60 degree jig hooks and I'm going to order some of these to check them out.

38 minutes ago, vicrider said:

Firehole tungsten beads? Firehole jig hooks. Let me know what your next swap is going to be and I'll start pre-tying. Looking forward to these and will work for panfish I'm sure and maybe even get to trout water later this year.

By the way, one of the contributors to our Santa Swap with packages for everybody in swap was Mel's  https://thebluegillbugshop.com/pages/fly-tying-hooks  who now has in stock the longer shanked jig hooks. One of my few complaints has always been the short shanks on the 60 degree jig hooks and I'm going to order some of these to check them out.

That's awesome, I will check out the website and see what I can get.

There is a couple bluegill catchers in there for sure.

I am currently in the foam sway, so once I get those tied and i come up with a new idea I will be posting a new swap. I always try to mix it up and do something different with some cool prizes.  I would say keep an eye out but as a mod you have to lol.

CCW