Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SalarMan

Not My Usual

To steal a line from Monty Python's Flying Circus...and now for something completely different.

This isn't my normal work, but a couple of years ago I decided to give this a go based on what I'd seen on a now defunct site. It was an interesting exercise to say the least. The one major faux pas is the triangular gap at the base of the wings...also know as a Toblerone Tunnel...just Google it and you will understand.

Nevertheless I hope you get a bit of a charge out of something you might not normally expect from me.

1828907690_DSC_0007(2).thumb.jpg.332e66789ece1f0b2daf43a30570dbb5.jpg

Toblerone tunnel notwithstanding, that's really cool. I like it. Thanks. As an aside, I got all the way to tying in a wing on a new fly yesterday, looked it over critically and ended up taking the razor blade to it. 

Nicey tied butterfly George. Don't see those tied much I do enjoy the artistic side. I don't know the history of the butterfly feather wings is it purely ornamental?  

Thanks Guys.

The wings are just made up of what I had on hand that were sort of coordinated in color. They are a combo of Macaw Coverts, dyed Guinea Fowl, and Red Indian Crow sub. The body is the usual silk floss, some ostrich herl for the butt and thorax as well as the antennas.

That's pretty much it and what comes out of my brain every now and again.

I should have something new to post very soon...but more in line with the classics.