Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SalarMan

Spammers

I hope the spammers below that have shown up here will soon be gone. I follow this part of the forum and these things showed up in my email this morning.

PLEASE purge them from this site !!!!!!!!

I get unsolicited emails all the time. Don't need gutter guards, Medicare supplement, unclaimed money. My Internet service now won't allow me to block them. They pass the buck to the computer manufacturer. I can send them to Spam but that can involve a dozen or more per day.

its been happening quite frequently lately

spam filter must be broken

if you see spam report it to a moderator using the "report post" function on the spam thread

they delete spam quickly

Spam filters can't stop someone when they join and post spam. If they actually join the site as a member and then post spam then just do as flytire said and report it and we'll take care of it soon as we get online.

I think it's the Hawaiians, They really like Spam in Hawaii.😁😄. But seriously, we're here for ya, chomping at the bit to delete spam.

I was a moderator on a now defunct site, and when I saw what was obviously spam from someone who "joined" the site I immediately removed and blocked them from the site. Before long they disappeared and moved their garbage elsewhere. I must assume the admin and moderators have the same power here...or they should.

16 minutes ago, SalarMan said:

I was a moderator on a now defunct site, and when I saw what was obviously spam from someone who "joined" the site I immediately removed and blocked them from the site. Before long they disappeared and moved their garbage elsewhere. I must assume the admin and moderators have the same power here...or they should.

We do, and we do.